expensive places to live

CtownMikey

A co-worker of mine had a husband who is off building condos in New Hamp. for 14 weeks... she said he recently just finished a project in bristol, R.I. (I am pretty sure it was waterfront townhouses) selling for 2 and 3 million a pop.

Supposedly.. the husband said Jim Carey has already bought one of these waterfront properties. Are these prices likely for Bristol? and does Bristol have what it takes to draw a celebrity crowd to buy summer houses, townhouses, etc..

I've been to Bristol only to march in the 4th of July parade.. so I have no idea what Bristol is like.. ---> too busy drumming. ;)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A co-worker of mine had a husband who is off building condos in New Hamp. for 14 weeks... she said he recently just finished a project in bristol, R.I. (I am pretty sure it was waterfront townhouses) selling for 2 and 3 million a pop.

Supposedly.. the husband said Jim Carey has already bought one of these waterfront properties. Are these prices likely for Bristol? and does Bristol have what it takes to draw a celebrity crowd to buy summer houses, townhouses, etc..

I've been to Bristol only to march in the 4th of July parade.. so I have no idea what Bristol is like.. ---> too busy drumming. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bristol is pretty pricey, but it is a beautiful town. And don't forget the late actor Anthony Quinn lived on a farm there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just remembered that Jim Carey filmed the movie "Me, Myself and Irene" so maybe he liked the area. I believe they shot scences in Newport and Jamestown.

Everyone here knocks the East Side and coming downtown development for being pricey...  There's waaay more exclusive communities in our little state than here!  Travel down to Little Compton... Wow...

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Down south of Providence... East Greenwich is pricey, as are the Cowesett and Warwick Neck areas of Warwick.

Archived