Forgotten Detroit

theSuburbs

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MCS in particular is very decayed - much more so than in David Kohrman's photographs at Forgotten Detroit. All of the buildings he features on the site are much more decayed now, however.

David Khorman is currently attending grad school in Indiana; hence the lack of updates to Forgotten Detroit. He does keep a blog, which can be found at http://kohrman.blogspot.com/

I remember viewing a section on the Statler on that site a couple years ago. It was a very detailed history section. I believe it had old photographs of the interior too. I couldn't seem to locate that page on his site. Although, like I said, it's been a couple years since I've seen the site, I'm sure a few things have changed.

I just saw "Four Brothers" last night at Fairlane.  Its a decent movie, but it really portrayed the city in a negative light.  In the beginning scene MCS, gets a prime eerie view on the big screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I keep seeing previews for that movie EVERYDAY!! Yeah from what I can tell it sure does put Detroit in bad light, but most people should recognize that it is just a movie. I would like to see it sometime.

I find it funny because it shows Wahlberg driving north on Vernor Hwy towards Michigan Ave next to the MCS. And then it shows him somewhere else in the city. And then it shows him driving directly in front of MCS, heading towards Michigan Ave. And again somewhere else in the city. And then finally it shows him driving south on 14th st on the opposite side of MCS.

Another funny thing was someone mentioned in the movie that the mother was gunned down at a store at 104th St. Detroit's numbered streets end at 35th st. So not only is there no such thing as a 104th st in Detroit, if there was a 104th st, it would probably be down somewhere in Lincoln Park...

Another funny thing was someone mentioned in the movie that the mother was gunned down at a store at 104th St. Detroit's numbered streets end at 35th st. So not only is there no such thing as a 104th st in Detroit, if there was a 104th st, it would probably be down somewhere in Lincoln Park...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

off topic but I just watched "The Upside of Anger" and that supposedly takes place in Detroit, but I'm a dork and I watch all the director stuff and it was filmed in England because it was cheeper and then they just cut in parts of downtown...kinda irritated by that for some reason...why would it be cheeper to film that far away? N-E-Ways...

Archived