John Marshall Hotel

tombarnes

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been any word about ressurection of construction plans at the John Marshall?

This project seems to have "resurrected" a couple times, but ends up dead every time. I'm wondering if anything will EVER happen to this building other than letting it sit and rot.

It hasn't been resurrected before... It started, stopped, and died. We won't know for sure until it's fenced off and being worked on again, but I'm pretty confident we'll at least hear there is new life in this project by the end of the year. :thumbsup:

Im afraid to ask how you know this...

• 2 months later...

Damn!!! That story was well worth squinting the eyes to read!!!

In addition to hopeful news about the John Marshall which might see work begin next April, writer Jeremy Lazarus of The Free Press has dug into the mystery at 6th and main. His sources are telling him that Centennial might also get underway next fall after demo, beginning shortly, is complete. He cites reports as saying Centennial will be 25-stories and upon completion will be "the tallest building in Richmond." The Goodstein name is mentioned several times in referrences to:

1. Negotiations progressing for the proposed 100-room boutique hotel.

2. Negotiations underway for lease of 25,000 s/f of commercial space.

3. Actions toward pre-selling 250 condos ranging from $200,000 to $2,000,000. :thumbsup::yahoo:

Damn!!! That story was well worth squinting the eyes to read!!!

In addition to hopeful news about the John Marshall which might see work begin next April, writer Jeremy Lazarus of The Free Press has dug into the mystery at 6th and main. His sources are telling him that Centennial might also get underway next fall after demo, beginning shortly, is complete. He cites reports as saying Centennial will be 25-stories and upon completion will be "the tallest building in Richmond." The Goodstein name is mentioned several times in referrences to:

1. Negotiations progressing for the proposed 100-room boutique hotel.

2. Negotiations underway for lease of 25,000 s/f of commercial space.

3. Actions toward pre-selling 250 condos ranging from $200,000 to $2,000,000.

YAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::alc:

I would not be surprised if that article is flawed with the specs on Centennial. (i.e. "twin towers") I have heard of different specs from different publications.

My previous conversations with Goodstein mentions that the building will be about the height of Main Street Center.

Unless they they changed the plans... again..., the building will be 20-stories, single tower and about the height of Main Street Center. (of course I would like for it be taller)

Now back to the topic of this thread...

Perhaps the third time is the charm for this to finally start moving forward.

So no one else was disappointed to see that new construction reportedly won't begin until late 08 now?

And... if I had to choose between the John Marshall happening and Centennial, I'd probably choose the John Marshall easily.

Remember when they dismantled the construction fencing around the JM? If you had to put your money on that guy or Goodstein, which, if either, would it be?

When YOU lose faith in downtown projects, Coupe, I get very disheartened. :cry:

What I meant was that if someone said to me, "If you had to choose one or the other to be developed first, which would it be?" I would probably choose the John Marshall.

If there is a hiccup with Centennial between Demo and new construction, I'd hate to see us stuck with ANOTHER surface lot scarring Main Street.

I feel like with Centennial we may end up with a Granby Tower style run around. First it was groundbreaking 07, then late 07, then early 08, then summer 08, and now fall 08?? I want to be a fan of the project but I've had a bad vibe about it for months now. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

What I meant was that if someone said to me, "If you had to choose one or the other to be developed first, which would it be?" I would probably choose the John Marshall.

If there is a hiccup with Centennial between Demo and new construction, I'd hate to see us stuck with ANOTHER surface lot scarring Main Street.

I feel like with Centennial we may end up with a Granby Tower style run around. First it was groundbreaking 07, then late 07, then early 08, then summer 08, and now fall 08?? I want to be a fan of the project but I've had a bad vibe about it for months now. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

Well, as long as you keep the Centennial avatar, I'll still have hope. :good:

• 1 month later...

Archived