Miller & Rhoads Hilton Hotel/Condo Conversion

tombarnes

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That is an awkward view. I should think the final version will deviate from the picture shown. I think the dark red brick portion looks a bit like an industrial building- maybe the back of the old building does look this way, but I doubt this look would have been intended by the builders- at least not as part of the "public face" of the building. I'll be interested to see more drawings as they are available.

Yea wrldcoupe I heard about it on NBC12. They were also talking about the coliseum and the convention center. Saying that they are both doing very well more and more people are going to both venues. They also mentioned that bigger concerts and conventions were coming to both venues. It was great to here.

• 2 weeks later...

Richmond Renaissance Update!

According to the city's director of economic development, they are less than 30 days away from the transfer of title, which is when construction will begin. As stated in the press, the project will include 240 hotel rooms and more than 100 condos. It will take 2-3 years to complete.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about time! This baby's a GO :w00t:

Contract Finalized for Downtown Hilton Hotel

an excerpt:

Mayor L. Douglas Wilder today announced that the contract has been signed for developing a 240-room Hilton Hotel at 5th and Broad streets in Downtown.

The planned $80 million hotel project, which entails the conversion of the former Miller & Rhoads department store, also includes a 110-unit condominium complex.

Archived