Heidelberg/Capitol House Hotel

tombarnes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

^ My dad used to work in the hotel right across the street and I would remeber going down there and thinking how bad the hotel looked. I had thought it was some kind of abandoned housing project because the windows were busted out and doors nailed up.

Thanks for replying yall. :thumbsup:

Where is the parking ? If you look the side of the hotel where you see no windows on the bottom, that's where the parking will be (about three or four levels)? I think the enterance for parking is around the other side on River Road.

The eye-sore is no more.

I did not make it to the Grand Opening on the 30th of Aug, but I did do a self-guided tour of the new Hilton Capitol Center. Here are some of the shots I was able to snap.

The sign on the street

92268050-M.jpg

Underground Private Dining Room. The tunnel Connects to the old Hotel King

across the street. I was told they will not reconnect the two hotels.

92268030-M.jpg

The Kingfisher Restaurant

92268031-M.jpg

92268032-M.jpg

92268033-M.jpg

92268035-M.jpg

92268036-M.jpg

Hallway to Ballroom

92268037-M.jpg

Ballroom on 1st Floor

92268038-M.jpg

10th Floor Ballroom

92268039-M.jpg

92268040-M.jpg

Bathroom on 10th Floor

92268041-M.jpg

92268042-M.jpg

92268043-M.jpg

92268044-M.jpg

92268047-M.jpg

Pool Deck

92268046-M.jpg

Thanks Byrde. Wow ! Very impressive. Looks like they will have more than one ballroom. I like the swiming pool on the 3rd deck ? Great location and view. I think I will stay a night over there just because. Those old historical photo's really got me too.

They have 3 Ballrooms. 2 on the first floor and one REALLY NICE one at the top.

Thanks for the tour Byrde. Nice pics! I really need to check it out soon, and stay a night just because. I can't wait to see the view of the river from the 10th floor ballroom. Some of the old style architecture inside really a work of art. Flat screen TV's in the rooms ? Wow!

Thanks for the tour Byrde. Nice pics! I really need to check it out soon, and stay a night just because. I can't wait to see the view of the river from the 10th floor ballroom. Some of the old style architecture inside really a work of art. Flat screen TV's in the rooms ? Wow!

Here's one of the views from the 10th Floor Ballroom.

92358134-L.jpg

Archived