Heidelberg/Capitol House Hotel

tombarnes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Finally some pic of the inside, growing up this building was just rotten, a place to hang out and do whatever you wanted to do if you was bold enough to take a tour in the darkness or get ate up by some rat. Thanks for posting these up, here is a reminder of what this building used to look like.

Heidelberg_(7).jpg

Heidelberg_(6).jpg

Heidelberg_(5).jpg

Heidelberg_(4).jpg

Heidelberg_(3).jpg

Heidelberg_(2).jpg

Heidelberg_(1).jpg

Heidelberg.jpg

Yeah you right....what an eye-sore and was just plain bad for downtown. Thanks for posting all those pics La.Thunder, it really make's you appreciate how nice it looks now. The renovation is just what the proposed new entertainment district needed! This is so big for the progress and re-birth of downtown! :) And it's a great compliment w/ the Shaw Arts Center too.

• 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me that the Washington-Youree Hotel was allowed to slip away. At LSU, a classmate of mine said that her father had been one of the demolition contractors and that the marble from the lobby of the Washington-Youree was used in the bathrooms of their house. What a sad thought.

It never ceases to amaze me that the Washington-Youree Hotel was allowed to slip away. At LSU, a classmate of mine said that her father had been one of the demolition contractors and that the marble from the lobby of the Washington-Youree was used in the bathrooms of their house. What a sad thought.

Me too Brian. I'm learning the old buildings blend-in nicely with new buildings. That was one of Nate's complaints about Uptown Charlotte's CBD. Everything was new, virtually nothing nothing older. Tampa is also guilty of tearing too many older buildings; it also takes away from their density.

I am glad Shreveport kept some of those historic buildings you have taken photo's of.

Me too Brian. I'm learning the old buildings blend-in nicely with new buildings. That was one of Nate's complaints about Uptown Charlotte's CBD. Everything was new, virtually nothing nothing older. Tampa is also guilty of tearing too many older buildings; it also takes away from their density.

I am glad Shreveport kept some of those historic buildings you have taken photo's of.

I recently stayed at the hilton, and it was magnificient!

The views were spectacular!!!

now i took these pics on my cam phone, so the qaulity is that great, but i had a corner room on the sixth floor. and i pretty much could see everything you'd would want to see!

heild1.jpg

heild2.jpg

heild3.jpg

heild4.jpg

heild5.jpg

heild6.jpg

heild7.jpg

I went to the BR Business Report's Top 40 under 40 awards ceremony at the Hilton Capitol Park last night. For a Thursday night, there was a lot of "buzz" in Downtown BR. There was NO parking on the street. You had to valet park, use that large surface lot next to the Hilton or do like I did and park in the state parking garage on the corner of Third and Convention. It was nice seeing all the people out and about in down there.

That's cool Byrde you went to that. Gradually, but surely Downtown is buzzin' more and more. When work/construction finally begins on RiverPlace just two blocks way that's going to generate even more of a buzz. Then there is the new proposed Arts & Entertainment District along with it.

• 2 years later...

Archived