Novare Group: 40-story residential tower

eastsider

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The Austin zoning commission is scheduled to vote tonight on wether to allow for an exception to a city rule that only allows 8 sf of floor space for every 1 sf of land, limiting the size of the building. The zoning commission is expected to favor the exception since it is within the CBD. The city coucil is scheduled to vote on the zoning for the Novare tower on November 17.

Austin American-Statesman: Downtown towers face zoning commission verdict

• 5 weeks later...

Last night, the Austin City Council approved the tower proposed by Novare Group/Andrews Urban.

The council quickly approved a 40-story condominium building at Third and Nueces streets. Developers Novare Group Holdings of Atlanta and Andrews Urban LLC of Austin say building up will allow them to price the units at $200,000 to $400,000

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

360 is now planned to be 44-stories and 580 feet tall, including the lighted glass spire.

The extra height on Novare's tower did not require a variance from the city because the overall size of the building didn't change.

It just got slightly taller and slightly thinner, said Taylor Andrews, principal of Andrews Urban.

Austin American-Statesman: Downtown Austin homes as tall as offices

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Construction for Novare/Austin 360 will start at the beginning of June. Already the site has been cleared and staked out, the sign is up.

Rumor has it that it may start as soon as Next week or two for 360... Stay tuned for the the tallest project to go up since Frost Bank.

:huh: Where's the excitement here? Where I'm from we would be extatic about a project like this! I will be moving to Austin by the end of July, if this forum doesn't become more active by then I will be very dissapointed. :(

I agree, there is much to be excited about in Austin, and not just the new condo towers. Unfortunatly, for whatever reason the traffic in the Austin forum or any of the Texas forums on UP has never really picked up. Hopefully this will change pretty soon. :thumbsup:

As somebody who is a forumer on Skyscraperpage.com as well as UrbanPlanet.org I find most people from the Austin area use Skyscraperpage.com. Having said that, I think this is a great forum and more people should get on it and post here.

360 has now officially broken ground!!! :yahoo:

As of Monday a crew has started clearing the lot. I drove by there today and they have taken down the fence along San Antonio Street. Also they are in the process of clearing the lot. Pictures to come soon!!!

As somebody who is a forumer on Skyscraperpage.com as well as UrbanPlanet.org I find most people from the Austin area use Skyscraperpage.com. Having said that, I think this is a great forum and more people should get on it and post here.

I have been a "lurker" for over a year. I must admit that I use this site as a "pulse" of what is happening in my new hometown. I am very grateful that "eastsider" keeps us all updated with such great info!

I am smiling at the expplosion of urban growth occuring and look forward to seeing how Austin is enhanced by the growth. I have always felt that urban centers are the logical places for new growth, I hope that city planners will look to what is occuring in Austin as a model of what a city can be.... lets stop the sprawl!

A fellow east sider and urbanplanet.org lover

^The city of Austin has already done it.

Map of projects: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/downtown/downlo...Map_4-30-06.pdf

Description of projects: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/downtown/downlo...ata_4-30-06.pdf

Wow! The city of Austin is really going somewhere. It's surprising to me that all this development has received so little attention on the UP forums.

These are my first monthly construction update pics Ive taken. This is the 360 site and they definatly have begun construction. It was raining today so I only took 3 pics. More next month.

IMG_1395.jpg

Some construction workers around some large pipes on Nueces wich is blocked off infront of the site. one of the workers spotted me taking the pic LOL...

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived