Novare Group: 40-story residential tower

eastsider

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

word is they are bringing in the crane pieces for 360 wich means within the next 2 weeks we should see a crane rise. Im wondering if there are going to be two cranes though, they used 2 for Frost and it was no where near as long as what 360 will be.

I think that most likely they will use just one crane. If you look at their webcams and construction photo galleries for their other projects, it looks like they all use just one. Even though 360 is quite long, it is also very narrow which is similar to some of Novare's other projects. But, it is great news that construction is continueing to make progress. :thumbsup:

Here are links for some of Novare's construction cams:

Skypoint - Tampa

Viridian - Nashville

Avenue - Charlotte

I saw on the Tampa forum that Novare has recently aquired more sites in the city for future projects. The same thing has happened in Charlotte and I believe they they are about to start construction on their third project in Nashville. If they follow this pattern, then more Novare projects should be on their radar for Austin. I wouldn't be suprised to here an announcement in the not too distant future (maybe 6-12 months) especially if sales go well for 360.

With all of the hotel announcements recently, I got to thinking about the Hixon Properties site at Third & Colorado. I know that they have been sitting on that site for a few years and it was rumored that a W-Hotel would go there. Now that W has gone to block 21, does anyone think that Novare could work a deal with Hixon and bring in one of their TWELVE brand hotels?

http://www.twelvehotels.com/

Novare is looking for more sites in Austin and it will definatly be a matter of time before we hear more proposals. Its also not out of the question that we could see a Twelve hotel here. I don't believe Hixon is planning on selling the lot though, they feel that it is a very lucerative site and from what I hear, they are basically waiting till the right time to build something there. But who knows if they get the right offer from another company they could sell.

Yea its a pretty cool tower though the pic you posted is the old design. they have since made it more slender lengthwise and made it taller.

Austin downtown is really putting San Antonio to shame. What ups with that booming metro area to the south of you guys. It seems like Austin and New Orleans, two cities that are very similar in a lot of ways are going to be the new places to see and have beautiful downtown area

San Antonio may be growing faster right now but I don't think it will last. Another thing is that its harder for developers to build in DT San Antonio due to the fact that there are certain restraints as well as a very high cost of property especially around the Riverwalk.

San Antonio may be growing faster right now but I don't think it will last. Another thing is that its harder for developers to build in DT San Antonio due to the fact that there are certain restraints as well as a very high cost of property especially around the Riverwalk.

Hey JDawgboy, I don't think he was saying they were growing faster.

But, just to let you know, most people consider MSA (metro) growth to be a much better indicator of an area's growth. I say this because although San Antonio may have been estimated to have added more people since 2000 in it's city limits, Austin's metro has actually been estimated to have added more people than San Antonio's metro since 2000 (not to mention since 1990). But regardless, both areas are definitely booming.

Also, Austin has the most expensive real estate of the major cities in the state. This goes for residential (look at our median home prices in comparison to the others), as well as commercial (TX record breaking sale prices p/sq. ft. of 300 West Sixth, and then Frost Bank Tower).

Lastly, can you tell me if San Antonio has more constraints to downtown construction than Austin? I mean, capitol view corridors, flood plains from the Colorado River, Waller and Shoal Creeks, alot more historic structures than most realize, and of course we have neighborhood associations from all the old, established neighborhoods abutting downtown whom cry foul if they deem a tower too near their neighborhood, or even Town Lake.

My point is, I don't think land prices, or some other insurmountable constraints are the reason behind the perceived lack of new residential towers in downtown San Antonio.

But, just to let you know, most people consider MSA (metro) growth to be a much better indicator of an area's growth. I say this because although San Antonio may have been estimated to have added more people since 2000 in it's city limits, Austin's metro has actually been estimated to have added more people than San Antonio's metro since 2000 (not to mention since 1990). But regardless, both areas are definitely booming.

Also, Austin has the most expensive real estate of the major cities in the state. This goes for residential (look at our median home prices in comparison to the others), as well as commercial (TX record breaking sale prices p/sq. ft. of 300 West Sixth, and then Frost Bank Tower).

Lastly, can you tell me if San Antonio has more constraints to downtown construction than Austin? I mean, capitol view corridors, flood plains from the Colorado River, Waller and Shoal Creeks, alot more historic structures than most realize, and of course we have neighborhood associations from all the old, established neighborhoods abutting downtown whom cry foul if they deem a tower too near their neighborhood, or even Town Lake.

My point is, I don't think land prices, or some other insurmountable constraints are the reason behind the perceived lack of new residential towers in downtown San Antonio.

I agree. From what I've heard Round Rock could hardly be considered a suburb 10 yrs ago. That town is exploding. Pflugerville is on the cusp of the same type of growth.

I think San Antonio's down town residental development is relatively new. I think in time it will become more and more popular here. I don't know if you really want to call it a lack. The trend of DT living is popular across the us with cities like austin really beginning to explore trend. Do you know the percentage of people living in DT Austin??

Goodness, second time you lash at me first about Toll roads and now this. It was just a comment thats all but Ill state my point...

This is off topic but Im looking for an artical that the San Antonio Express news came out with not too long ago stating that because of the Riverwalk in downtown SA, the property values and land prices were the highest of any downtown in Texas. We are not talking about the office market and we are not talking about property values city wide, this is just for Central business districts... Also there is an ordanance in SA that states that no building can cast a shadow on the Alamo. Maybe not as restrictive as the Capital view corridors, but it definatly takes out several spots for building highrises especially in that part of downtown. The Riverwalk is another obstical in itself and the city requires certain criteria for any new buildings being built along the riverwalk including height and setbacks.. San Antonio has a historical and preservation council wich is as strict as any zoning commission and has alot of power and say of how tall buildings will be, what design, if it fits in with the historical Character of SA ect.. SA will get condo construction in its downtown but its taking alittle longer, and land prices in downtown are part of the problem.

Honestly this isn't the thread to have this conversation, I just made a comment and that was all. This is about Novare 360 and its construction.

Goodness, second time you lash at me first about Toll roads and now this. It was just a comment thats all but Ill state my point...

:offtopic: I disagreed with you, and wanted to state my opinions and ideas. I apologize if you feel as though I am lashing at you when I respond to your comments.

As far as toll roads, which is really off topic, I see you wish to rewrite history, as you have deleted all your responses on the other website. You sir, were the one who responded to my statements to another person regarding improvements to Austin's traffic. I was not offended by your responses, and simply stated my views. I'll be sure to remember to mince my words in the future, JDawgboy! :good:

Now, back to 360!

:offtopic: I disagreed with you, and wanted to state my opinions and ideas. I apologize if you feel as though I am lashing at you when I respond to your comments.

As far as toll roads, which is really off topic, I see you wish to rewrite history, as you have deleted all your responses on the other website. You sir, were the one who responded to my statements to another person regarding improvements to Austin's traffic. I was not offended by your responses, and simply stated my views. I'll be sure to remember to mince my words in the future, JDawgboy! :good:

Now, back to 360!

Did I? I don't remember deleting my comments on the other site unless they were taken off by the site moderator, they should still be there. Ill take a look..... They are still there in the Development news thread.

And honestly I should apologize for saying that you lashed out at me I was kinda in one of those bad moods yesterday and didn't mean for that to come out in the way that it did. You are very informed with what is going on in the Austin area and that is great. And I apreciate the fact that you do also state whats on your mind. There is nothing wrong with different opinions and goodness knows everybody has a different point to tell.

Anywho, Im going by South Austin Hospital today so I can see if they started putting up the crane today.

Did I? I don't remember deleting my comments on the other site unless they were taken off by the site moderator, they should still be there. Ill take a look..... They are still there in the Development news thread.

And honestly I should apologize for saying that you lashed out at me I was kinda in one of those bad moods yesterday and didn't mean for that to come out in the way that it did. You are very informed with what is going on in the Austin area and that is great. And I apreciate the fact that you do also state whats on your mind. There is nothing wrong with different opinions and goodness knows everybody has a different point to tell.

Anywho, Im going by South Austin Hospital today so I can see if they started putting up the crane today.

Someone deleted something because I responed to one of your comments and now it's no longer on here.

I'm usually in SA stuff anyway.....On a different note I heard Starwood Inc., is going to build a Westin and a W Brand hotel in Austin. If this is true that would be great for the city. I work for the Westin Riverwalk in SA town and it's great there. Dallas just got it's first W Hotel. Sure would be nice for Austin to get one too and a Westin. Both are great hotel experiences

• 1 month later...

Archived