Eola Place/Thornton Commons

Jaybee

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for clearing that up. Besides the B and E units losing part of their view, I can't imagine any of the other residents being happy about the construction of a building twice the size of The Jackson occuring right at their doorsteps. Talk about instant property value drop...

Great looking project.  wow.  Phase 1 looks to be at least as tall as Sanctuary.  attractive.  It makes the Jackson look tiny.

I wonder if Upsdan has this on his site yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, UPSDAN is out of town until next weekend and will not be able to update.

What is actually the reality of this?  Aren't they building townhomes just North of the Jackson on some of that property?  It would seem unlikely that new construction would be occuring there only to be torn down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the townhomes you speak of are the Oceola Brownstones and they're on the other side of Jackson St. (corner of Jackson & Oceola).

This is sick.  Eola road/street will be insane in a couple of years with this and those other projects across the street.  it will be a whole new district in and of itself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a district there is no clear sign that S. Eola will have many eateries, or shops. To me it looks like they will still be feeding off the Central Blvd/Thorton Park cultural venues.

btw, why is the Ultra Lounge restaurant on the HR Block closed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was wondering about this also because it seemed like they put alot of money into refurbishing the place and putting in the deck. Each time I passed the place at night it seemed to be doing pretty good business also. You would think that the owners must have gotten a really good offer to give the place up. ??????

that's right. the main plus with Sanctuary was the retail on the bottom levels. Anyone remember how Central really sucked before TP Central, the Post Parkside development, Waverly, Cap. Plaza II, and Embassy Suites-- right around 1997-98? What a change.

• 2 weeks later...

A new twin condo tower project was announced Wednesday. The complex will have more than 510 units and 1 million square feet, making the project one of downtown's biggest. Construction is expected to start in mid-2006, with units ready for occupancy mid-2008. The towers will be west of Eola Drive, along Mariposa Street and near Lake Olive and Constitution Park.

Link

Plans have been filed with the city. The complex will include 25,000 square feet of retail space and 60,000 square feet of condominium office space. Baker Barrios of Orlando did the design work.

Here's the best part: They say the condos will be marketed to young professionals and entry-level buyers. Prices may range from around $150,000 to as much as $3.5 million for penthouse units. Downtown needs more condos in the $150k range, so that's good news.

18910874.jpg

The skyline from the 408 is going to be spectacular, seeing as how even the Jackson, at seven stories or so, peeks above the treeline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would of course be true before construction is finished on those 20-foot sound walls that are now being built along the 408.

Afterwards you're not gonna see much more than, well, a concrete wall.

But do u think the pricing will be cheaper since u are not going to have a view...

This area is gonna be truly urban and fill with retails.

Thornton Common 25000 sqft

Consituition Green 14604 sqft

Sanctuary 12000 sqft

Church/Eola 14400 + 7699 sqft

Star Tower 8000 sqft

Paramount 120000 sqft

Total over 200K sqft of retails plus thornton park.

But do u think the pricing will be cheaper since u are not going to have a view...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could not tell if this was directed towards my comment so if it wasn't then just ignore, if it was, then:

No, I don't see the properties being affected [though the value of the homes to the immediate south is likely to be hit]. Its just that in the near future, when driving either way on the 408, all that anyone will be able to see [from the 408] is the concrete sound walls and maybe the tops of a few of the buildings closest to the 408 itself.

With the sound walls up and all of the center-line vegetation removed, driving on the 408 is soon going to be like driving inside of a concrete C-channel.

For those familiar with SoCal try and imagine if the L.A. River were a freeway. :o

Archived