• Last Reply

98-03 inventory 5000-7000 range

Dec 05 10000

Jan 06 12000

Feb 13000

Mar 14500

Apr 16000

May* 18000

5000-7000 was low and what helped drive prices up. I would guess 10,000 would be a good balanced number for the Orlando metro. It seems like we are swinging way to the high supply side now. Give it a couple months so the summer move and relocate season can be figured in. If it's still going up in the summer that will be trouble. If it levels off and comes down closer to 10,000 it should be fine.

i think its funny and also dumb for builders to continue building/proposing new developments when inventory is rising at the fastest rate ever and the highest level ever.... if trends continue there will be 20 months of inventory this time next yr(increasing inventory/decreasing sales)........i'm also short TOL, RYL, KBH from last oct and waiting for CME housing futures to get some volume to go short on miami .....those two corner lots were bought by the lawyer that owned two houses right next to it on mariposa, he sold those to the developer and bought the 2 on church street at a higher price asking for a huge profit to the developer which he declined...after 3 months of sitting there and no offers, their up for rent with neg cash flow.........greed kills :D

You know, there was a rash of lawsuits by companies around the turn of the century against short sellers who had gone on message boards to talk down stocks. They used a lot of inflammatory rhetoric, and used false or misleading data in their posts to spread bad information to negatively impact the valuation of their stocks. I'm not saying your information is false, so there is an oversupply issue in many areas of the country, but I do recommend you be careful.

Greed kills, indeed....

You know, there was a rash of lawsuits by companies around the turn of the century against short sellers who had gone on message boards to talk down stocks. They used a lot of inflammatory rhetoric, and used false or misleading data in their posts to spread bad information to negatively impact the valuation of their stocks. I'm not saying your information is false, but I do recommend you be careful.

Greed kills, indeed....

all information posted information i posted was the truth.......

Like i have said before I am an agent here in town and I can tell you it is not pretty outthere. Inventory is rising meanwhile number of sales have stayed the same. We are now at 16K-18K listings on the Multiple Listing Service. Add another couple thou for FSBO and the situation here in Orlando is not too good.

The problem is the fact that there are too many so called "Investors," or should I say SPECULATORS that have flooded the market with the mindset of "I need to make this much or I wont sell." I believe the number is 40% of homes sold last year were to speculators who are now trying to sell. I run into it everyday and i am seeing very unrealistic people.

Another problem is the GAP in pricing. People the 150-200K have nothing to buy and that is reality. Builders need to come up with affordable homes again for the beginners and speculators need to stop with their arrogance. They have created this market with their so called "I am an Investor" line they are just speculators and need to realize that.

Like i have said before I am an agent here in town and I can tell you it is not pretty outthere. Inventory is rising meanwhile number of sales have stayed the same. We are now at 16K-18K listings on the Multiple Listing Service. Add another couple thou for FSBO and the situation here in Orlando is not too good.

The problem is the fact that there are too many so called "Investors," or should I say SPECULATORS that have flooded the market with the mindset of "I need to make this much or I wont sell." I believe the number is 40% of homes sold last year were to speculators who are now trying to sell. I run into it everyday and i am seeing very unrealistic people.

Another problem is the GAP in pricing. People the 150-200K have nothing to buy and that is reality. Builders need to come up with affordable homes again for the beginners and speculators need to stop with their arrogance. They have created this market with their so called "I am an Investor" line they are just speculators and need to realize that.

i have been hearing about large volumes of cancellations in new developments/condos down in south fla(actually ft pierce to be specific), is that happening here too?....also a higher % of the buyers now are what i call "weak buyers" where they won't be able to afford their homes within a yr a two ie: my friend who is a part time waiter at carrabbas and his wife works the front desk at the YMCA part time with one child and one on the way and 40k in student loans just bought a house a few wks ago in wekiva for 285k(stated income of course :wacko: )....

I feel that although developers keep announcing projects, they do not intend to build them until another couple of years. Right now our market is stablizing, but may take off again in 3-4 years. So something announced now may not break ground until 2010

Does anyone else think that from a design stand point the 20 story tower would look better with the antennae facing north rather than south?

Yes, absolutely. I guess they wanted the main entrances for both phases to work off of each other, but the taller building is definitely facing the wrong way in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Archived