Cats or Dogs?

ezcheese

What Type of Person Are You?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Person Are You?

• Cats rule and dogs drool!
    • My dog could kick your cat's ass!
    • I love all kinds of furry creatures.
    • I don't like animals, there is something psychologically wrong with me.
    • I'm the crazy cat woman on the Simpsons.
    • "Best in Show" was made about me.
    • I like snakes, lizards and other creepy crawlies.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have always had dogs in the family, love dogs (Siberian Husky fan!). Our guy died last March at the age of 13.5 :cry: Big fan of Animal Planet, especially the 'cops' shows, got the idea of foster care from watching. My current situation doesn't so much allow for keeping dogs, but my wife and I are involved with the local humane society's foster kitty program. I was never much of a cat person, but we wanted to help out somehow, so kitties it was. I gotta admit, it has been very rewarding. Not much cuter than little kitties at play! Someday we want a dog again though. Don't want to own any cats right now, maybe in the future.

I also like snakes and have owned many over the years, got one living in my office right now, talk about low maintenance!! Of course, zero affection.....but a great pet if you travel a lot. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Handsome! We just fostered a black and white kitty that looks a lot like your Tux! :D

That's great to hear! :yahoo:

We got our pets from shelters because they come to the local Petsmart often. I'll have to find pics to post of them.

Tux's original name was Hermit, but it did not suit his personality at all (he was far too active and outgoing). I then came up with the idea of naming him Tux, and the name stuck.

Well, we have 4 cats and I love them all. (3 persians and one mutt).. Grizzly, Finnigan-again, Gizmo, and Jeep.

But the dogs that we've had have been great. Growing up, we had a golden retriever/irish setter mix named Molly. SHe was the best behaved dog I've ever met. She never barked (unless she wanted in, which was one stifled bark).. and she was great with kids. Unfortunately she was so timid because she was abused as a younger dog (We actually had a big fight with a family involving the humane society over who got the dog. When the Humane Society found 5' ground chains and dogs in tiny kennels at the other family's home, we got her).

Most recently, we had a dog named Amber (a weird name for a dog).. she was a chocolate lab. She was huge, burly, and noisy.. but we loved her to death. She would make the weirdest noises when she was excited or laying weird or just stretching (you know.. old dogs are like that).. unfortunately she died this past year. RIP Amber.

We also had a cat named Max Dugan for 20 years. He probably caught a total of about 100 mice in his life time and by the end he was your typical grouchy old man. He'd walk up to the door and literally say "Me-out" and he also made friends with the cat shaped wooden toiletpaper holder.. we affectionately named her Plywood Betty. We had to put Max to sleep because he developed cancer and we didn't want to see him suffer anymore than he already was. (100 mice may not be much in 20 years, you say... that was just an estimate. He once caught 9 mice in one night in our yard and had them all lined up at the front door for us in the morning when we all left for school/work/etc. He was so proud.)

That's great to hear! :yahoo:

We got our pets from shelters because they come to the local Petsmart often. I'll have to find pics to post of them.

Tux's original name was Hermit, but it did not suit his personality at all (he was far too active and outgoing). I then came up with the idea of naming him Tux, and the name stuck.

Awesome! Shelter cats are the way to go! The fosters are great, but they are hard to part with; feel guilty about giving them back cuz we spoil the beegeezuz out of them. :lol:

Well, we have 4 cats and I love them all. (3 persians and one mutt).. Grizzly, Finnigan-again, Gizmo, and Jeep.

Most recently, we had a dog named Amber (a weird name for a dog).. she was a chocolate lab. She was huge, burly, and noisy.. but we loved her to death. She would make the weirdest noises when she was excited or laying weird or just stretching (you know.. old dogs are like that).. unfortunately she died this past year. RIP Amber.

Good cat names! Our most recent fosters were named Einstein and Newton. Sorry about Amber. We lost our dog Rally to cancer last year too. It's tough. :cry:

Here's what I want though:

sphinx_cat.jpg

My wife thinks they're uuuugly. I love 'em! :silly:

It's a breed called the Sphinx, if I remember correctly. They are the only breed of cat that never grows hair (except for a little peach fuzz like stuff).

It's perfectly normal for them, so don't be afraid. :)

Bingo! How could you not love a face like that.....? :silly:

We actually had an orange cat named Finnigan Flanigan O'Flaherty.. but we had to put him to sleep because he had cancer. We got another kitten about a year later that looked exactly like him.. bright orange with gold eyes and a flat face.. so we named him Finnigan-again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived