hhgregg in Sparkle City

Spartan

I agree with Willum's points. We need to discourage the growth of chain stores in South Carolina and support locally owned businesses. Our state is poor enough withou most of our money going out of state to the big boxes. Imagine how much more wealth our state would have if we spent have of our disposable income at locally owned merchants: retail and dining out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to an extent. I don't want to see alot of walkmarts or see Hillcrest Mall be reincarnated or anything. But I still think that letting people have the opportunity to NOT travel across town for basic electronics supplies would be an advantage for Spartanburg.

We don't know that they aren't locating on the Westside anyway.

• 1 year later...
hhgregg just opened up in Greenville, and we just learned that Columbia is getting 2 stores. Do you think we might see one here in Sparkle City?

My thought is that the Eastside would be a great location for one, being that there is no electronics store there as it is.

• 4 months later...

Archived