Lafer Building to be redeveloped

Allan

I dunno, I think the traffic circle might be a good idea if studies show that it could work. One problem I have though, is the width of Gratiot in this particular area. There's no need for it to have 3 lanes of through-traffic in each direction. It should open back up after it crosses 375.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This concept never even dawned on me. I like it a lot. Put a nice monument in the center like a mini Columbus Circle. It would complement Campus Martius I think and could be the boost that area needs for further development.

I like round-abouts.....they seem to work well once people know how to drive through them.....it eliminates the need for traffic lights, and keeps traffic moving.

Above all, it would add some nice green space to a concrete area, which is always nice.

Any idea on daily traffic counts at this intersection.

Yah, nobody knows how to turn left on Randolph onto Broadway. Drivers nearly sideswipe my car almost every time!

I had a dream I lived in the Laffer Building last night, but all my loft consisted of was a concrete floor, big windows, and a view of the YMCA. lol

Archived