The Grape

gs3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really looking forward to The Grape being in Greenville! I hope it will do well, because it sounds fun.

I noticed something funny on their website while looking at their locations:

http://www.yourgrape.com/aboutus/aboutus_location.htm

Greenville's location almost looks like it's in Columbia! Someone should tell them that they need to push that grape up and to the left a little. Ha ha.

Do y'all think this place is going to take away from other wine place down there on E. Broad. I think its called Northampton.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe Richard and Northampton will be given a run for their money, if nothing else.

I'm more concerned with the retail impact on wine sales at places like Northampton, Harvards, The Wine & Cheese Exchange, etc. that Total Wine & More will have once it opens at Greenridge, myself.

I believe Richard and Northampton will be given a run for their money, if nothing else.

I'm more concerned with the retail impact on wine sales at places like Northampton, Harvards, The Wine & Cheese Exchange, etc. that Total Wine & More will have once it opens at Greenridge, myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Total Wines will take a bite out of everybody else. Went in one a few months back in the DC area. Nice. No reason to shop anywhere else, they had it all (except atmosphere).

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Grape will be in one of the smaller spaces, I don't think they will be using the large restuarant space that goes down to the Premenade. I don't know who that will be but my figers are crossed for a Ruth's Chris.

I have heard of another, but I am going to keep my mouth shut for a bit longer, though I think I already spilt the beans some where on this board before.

I already gave you a hint. Anyway, I don't have any total confirmation. I heard from the developer that this party was in discussions and then from another that they have been landed, but never did I hear anything saying it was definate.

I think you guys can figure this one out though.

This probably isn't the right thread to ask, but does anyone know if or when a Smokey Bones will come to the Upstate?  I'm looking forward to the addition of these market newcomers. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heheheh. We almost need an "Upstate Food and Drink" parent thread for discussion of rumors, dining experiences, service, etc. at restaurants, coffee houses, grocery stores, etc.. :silly:

I've heard rumors that Smokey Bones may be coming to one of the Outparcels at the Shops at Greenridge, but nothing that I've been able to confirm with the fine folks at Darden.

Heheheh.  We almost need an "Upstate Food and Drink" parent thread for discussion of rumors, dining experiences, service, etc. at restaurants, coffee houses, grocery stores, etc..  :silly:

That may not be far off- particularly if the activity level continues to increase as it has been :)

I've heard rumors that Smokey Bones may be coming to one of the Outparcels at the Shops at Greenridge, but nothing that I've been able to confirm with the fine folks at Darden.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm excited about even the prospect of having this restaurant in the Upstate :D

• 4 weeks later...

Heheheh. We almost need an "Upstate Food and Drink" parent thread for discussion of rumors, dining experiences, service, etc. at restaurants, coffee houses, grocery stores, etc.. :silly:

This is what I recieved from Smokey Bones a couple weeks ago. Not extremely promising today, but if enough of us contact them, who knows how soon we'll see one here. <HINT> :thumbsup:

We appreciate your desire to have a Smokey Bones restaurant in your community.

Thank you for the invitation. At this time, our expansion plans do not include

locations in or near Greenville, SC. However, we are always looking for new

sites for future expansion. Your suggestion will be shared with those

responsible for site selection.

If Guest Relations can be of further assistance, please write us again through

smokeybones.com (www.smokeybones.com/feedback.asp) or call us at 800-421-3035.

We look forward to a future opportunity to serve you in our restaurants.

Sincerely,

Sherri

Smokey Bones Guest Relations

Archived