Deal may Trump New Orleans

JWR_NOLA

Deal may Trump New Orleans

Big Apple mogul's firm has interest in Big Easy

Saturday, August 13, 2005

By Greg Thomas

Real estate writer

He loves the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, and attends it when he can. When he's in town, he likes to eat at Mother's Restaurant. And he said if his father decides to build in New Orleans, they'll develop a condominium project the likes of which the city has not seen.

Donald Trump Jr., vice president of development for The Trump Organization and son of the real estate mogul with the famous "you're fired" line on "The Apprentice," television show, confirmed that Trump of New York is interested in building in New Orleans.

Though he said he could speak only in generalities, he said an announcement for a condominium development in the city could be coming. "We'll have a better answer within a week," he said Thursday evening.

http://www.nola.com/business/t-p/index.ssf...12763232310.xml

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked that remark as well.

I cant wait until some sort of rendering/proposal for the building is released. You know that if the Trump Organization designs/builds a high-rise building in N.O...it will look good. They wont settle for second tallest, or second rate..they want to build the best. That is definitely an attitude we like to see from developers coming to New Orleans.

Wow this is great news. I just wonder, are they looking to take over the Poydras project? Is this going to be seperate from that? I just wonder what the talks have been about between Poydras, LLC and Trump. From this article, it seems that they are going to develop their own condos. Somebody fill me in.

Archived