morrills corner in portland up for development

pvenne

"Packard Development is developing Morrills Corner, a 150,000 sq.ft. center located at the intersection of Route 100 and Forest Avenue in Portland, ME. The center will be supermarket-anchored. Area demographics include a population of 131,280 within seven miles earning $51,991 as the average household income. The center has spaces available of 5,000 sq.ft.; 7,000 sq.ft.; two spaces of 10,000 sq.ft.; 17,830 sq.ft. and 20,000 sq.ft..."

source: http://www.tenant-search.net/dealmakers/2004/jan30/nc.asp

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Councilor Cohen asked should anything be taken off the list. He also asked about construction phase two for Morrill's Corner? Same as the planning board item? Kathi said this phase two is a larger project [than Packard's proposal] which was included two years ago. It's still in the plan to be engineered. This one would go back to Bell Street and create four lanes from Morrills Corner to Bell Street. Phase one would work better with two lanes Inbound. Jim asked how it would interface with the Packard Proposal for third outbound lane. Would it result in five lanes? Yes. Conclusion: "they are synergistic but not the same [projects]."

minutes

Those Franklin Arterial stories were interesting. This scares me though...

The committee has a second major change to incorporate, around railroad tracks now in the planning stages that will parallel I-295 along Marginal Way.

Funding to build elevated tracks was not available, and instead the train will be crossing Forest Avenue and Franklin Arterial and stopping traffic.

The train tracks will require doubling lanes of the exit ramps from both north and south at both Franklin Arterial and at Forest Avenue. Traffic lights are planned where the lanes intersect on Franklin.

Sounds like that could cause some headaches. Good thing the Downeaster isn't very long.

Those Franklin Arterial stories were interesting. This scares me though...

The committee has a second major change to incorporate, around railroad tracks now in the planning stages that will parallel I-295 along Marginal Way.

Funding to build elevated tracks was not available, and instead the train will be crossing Forest Avenue and Franklin Arterial and stopping traffic.

The train tracks will require doubling lanes of the exit ramps from both north and south at both Franklin Arterial and at Forest Avenue. Traffic lights are planned where the lanes intersect on Franklin.

Sounds like that could cause some headaches. Good thing the Downeaster isn't very long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont see why they cant build "real" high rises in portland because so many people complain, yet when bogus traffic proposals like the one you quoted emerge then its like they dont even consult the public...what a mess this is going to cause.

The part about burrying some of franklin arterial reminds me of a article that was on the Sunday Telegram like a year or more ago, about putting State Street below street level where it crosses Deering Oaks and the Public Gardens. That would be pretty neat, but probably not worth to money it would cost just to be better looking to the eye.

What Franklin aterial needs is....

-Be Straighter

-Have sidewalks

-Keep trees on a median in the middle, like an avenue

-A solid wall of buildings on both sides

The part about burrying some of franklin arterial reminds me of a article that was on the Sunday Telegram like a year or more ago, about putting State Street below street level where it crosses Deering Oaks and the Public Gardens. That would be pretty neat, but probably not worth to money it would cost just to be better looking to the eye.

What Franklin aterial needs is....

-Be Straighter

-Have sidewalks

-Keep trees on a median in the middle, like an avenue

-A solid wall of buildings on both sides

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i like your ideas.

Archived