Triad Geezer Posts

MZT

For those wondering, Chars on Peter's Creek is now an Enterprise Rent-a-Car and California Fresh Buffet is a Drive Time dealership. California Buffet was a great place to eat! Every night they had a different theme (Mexican, Asian, etc.) and the price was right. Before the city did their renovations on the actual Peter's Creek, an Exxon used to sit at the corner of Academy and Peters Creek. Dunkin Donuts and Flowers Bakery used to be before the the Business 40 interchange (now an indie car dealership).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those wondering, Chars on Peter's Creek is now an Enterprise Rent-a-Car and California Fresh Buffet is a Drive Time dealership. California Buffet was a great place to eat! Every night they had a different theme (Mexican, Asian, etc.) and the price was right. Before the city did their renovations on the actual Peter's Creek, an Exxon used to sit at the corner of Academy and Peters Creek. Dunkin Donuts and Flowers Bakery used to be before the the Business 40 interchange (now an indie car dealership).

Wow, due to this thread, I'm starting to think of places I haven't thought of in years. While we're on the topic of Silas Creek/Hanes Mall Boulevard, I Can't Believe It's Yogurt (ICBY, not TCBY) used to have a location next to Blockbuster. Helzberg Diamonds and CCB were in Silas Creek Crossing, as well. Don Pablo's opened a restaurant where Chipotle and Jimmy John's are in about 2000. Chuck E. Cheese's used to be a "Discovery Zone."

Actually, the Exxon station is not a drainage ditch, they have 'uncovered' Peters Creek which flows thru there.

Also, the Toyota place there was Bill Jackson, I'm not sure the Modern name flew there very long..

Not correcting.. just reminiscing.. :thumbsup:

Jefferson Pilot was Jefferson Standard, with only one tower.

Ah yes I remember that. We used to go to JROTC drill meets at A&T way back when. I remember thinking that Greensboro is big (relative to Fayetteville) why aren't there any more tall buildings. Well years later when my sister enrolled at WSSU I saw the cranes going up for the JP building and the other two. Of couse driving north on 421 gives you a good view of the skyline. At that time I had never been to Charlotte and I thought Winstons skyline was the best. I always loved driving with my parents to drop her off at school. Oh yeah the Winston tower was still Wachovia and I used to draw it all the time.

Archived