The Monarch

wally2169

I see the master list has the Monarch which will be located by Jackson and Rosalind but I apologize, I have not been able to find much in the way of any kind of specifics on what it is, how many floors, potential amenties or when it begins building.

I figure these pondering questions can allow us to start a new thread dedicated to the Monarch if anybody else wants in.

If any of you guys know, I'd be much obliged to read anything you put into this thread.

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wally the location is gonna be bounded by South Street to the South, Liberty Street to the west, Jackson Street to the North and that oldtimers high rise to the east. According to the renderings it will face the corner of Liberty and Jackson and the pool deck will face South Street. Its kind of angled on a NW/SE axis.

Wally the location is gonna be bounded by South Street to the South, Liberty Street to the west, Jackson Street to the North and that oldtimers high rise to the east. According to the renderings it will face the corner of Liberty and Jackson and the pool deck will face South Street. Its kind of angled on a NW/SE axis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much obliged

• 11 months later...

There is absolutely no information on that website other than the starting price.

in fact in that scene with the man and woman walking with bldgs in the background, that looks like Miami condos blurred out right where the quantum is going.

According to the Sentinel the project is a go in spite of rising construction costs. I believe there is a trailer sitting on the site. The Sentinel said the location is directly in front of the Rosalind off ramp from the 408 and South St., but one of those older senior towers is right there, but immediately to the left is a cleared sight with a trailer, right across the street from the Orange County parking garage. I believe the height is 22 or 28 floors, so if this gets off the ground with the others under construction we will have a decent skyline for the next 5 years or so if the rest of the "proposed" projects don't get built. In all my years in Orlando, everytime we go through a downtown building boom, just a few of the projects seems to get built, so this is the largest to date. If we can get the PAC done and successful street retail and pedestrian traffic, perhaps the demand for downtown living will increase and some of these "proposals" will come in the next few years. But hurray for The Monarch!!!! :D

I believe the height is 22 or 28 floors, so if this gets off the ground with the others under construction we will have a decent skyline for the next 5 years or so if the rest of the "proposed" projects don't get built.

24 floors.

According to the Sentinel the project is a go in spite of rising construction costs. I believe there is a trailer sitting on the site. The Sentinel said the location is directly in front of the Rosalind off ramp from the 408 and South St., but one of those older senior towers is right there, but immediately to the left is a cleared sight with a trailer, right across the street from the Orange County parking garage. I believe the height is 22 or 28 floors, so if this gets off the ground with the others under construction we will have a decent skyline for the next 5 years or so if the rest of the "proposed" projects don't get built. In all my years in Orlando, everytime we go through a downtown building boom, just a few of the projects seems to get built, so this is the largest to date. If we can get the PAC done and successful street retail and pedestrian traffic, perhaps the demand for downtown living will increase and some of these "proposals" will come in the next few years. But hurray for The Monarch!!!! :D

It's not just Orlando. Proposed projects failing to materialize is a global phenomenon and is as old as urban environments themselves. Development of any kind is extremely challenging. Lots of moving parts and there is never a guarantee that they will come to fruition.

check it out... the OC Cthse boom from 1997/98 to 2001 or so, Pizzuti and Magnolia Tower were the only casualties I recall. that same boom brought us the Cthse, CNL, Lincoln Plaza, Westin, Capital Plaza II, Waverly, THornton Park Central, Embassy Suites, Post Parkside, the South St./Rosalind complex; Cheney Place, Uptown, et. al. It was very successful. Its just that the most noticeable projects didn't get built, ala Pizzuti's cube top.

Monarch-- the trailers front Jackson, I think-- 4 stuck together.

check it out... the OC Cthse boom from 1997/98 to 2001 or so, Pizzuti and Magnolia Tower were the only casualties I recall. that same boom brought us the Cthse, CNL, Lincoln Plaza, Westin, Capital Plaza II, Waverly, THornton Park Central, Embassy Suites, Post Parkside, the South St./Rosalind complex; Cheney Place, Uptown, et. al. It was very successful. Its just that the most noticeable projects didn't get built, ala Pizzuti's cube top.

Monarch-- the trailers front Jackson, I think-- 4 stuck together.

Are they going to build this?

The Monarch site has three "construction trailors" on it joined to form one big "trailor" (and has for some time). I can say with a fair amount of confidence that this complex will be a model/sales center. I drive by it every day and today, they were pouring a fancy curved walkway to the door and a pull over and peek inside revealed a bunch of drywall studs looking a hell of a lot like a condo....

Wow -- so this thing is going to actually happen? (does a real, physical model = "going to happen" ????)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived