The Monarch

wally2169

• 2 months later...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
WHEN I VISITED THE SALES CENTER THEY TOLD ME THEY EXPECT TO HAVE THINGS SOLD TO 70% BY JAN OR FEB AND THAT WOULD INITIATE CONSTRUCTION. BUT HOWEVER I READ TODAY THAT CONDO SALES HAVE DROPPED LIKE 38% I BELIEVE AND THE AVG PRICE FOR THEM HAS GONE DOWN SOME SO... WHO KNOWS, I THOUGHT THE MONARCH WAS OVER PRICED I LOOKED AT THE MOCK UP UNIT IN THE SALES CENTER AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE PRICE COMPARED TO WHAT YOU GET. THE WHOLE BLUE AND GREEN TENTED GLASS IS GOING TO BE NICE :) I JUST CANT SEE SPENDING 400K FOR A 1100 OR SO SQ FT CONDO WHEN I CAN BUY A 5 BEDROOM 4 BATH HOUSE FOR THAT OR LESS IN ONE OF THE SURROUNDING SUBURBS. NOT TO MENTION THEY TOLD ME THAT A LOT OF INVESTORS ARE BUYING UP THESE THINGS IN HOPES TO SELL THEM. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE PEOPLE GO TO CLOSE ON THESE UNITS ONCE CONSTRUCTION IS FINISHED AND THE BANKS WONT FINANCE THEM B/C THE ARE PRICED TO HIGH (MEANING MORE THAN THEY ARE WORTH). OR ANOTHER QUESTION IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE PUTS A DOWN PAYMENT ON A UNIT AND THEY RELIZE THAT THEY ARE PRICED TO HIGH AND START SELLING THEM FOR LESS IN A COUPLE MONTHS, DOES THAT PERSON GET THE LOWER PRICE AS WELL OR ARE THEY JUST SCREWED?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am thinking in the next year to two we will see a wave of high to midrise Apt rental buildings build in that area, which can later be converted to condo, im honestly at the prices they are selling these condos for in these buildings its not likely to happen, i just feel sorry for people that have bought units in these buildings that are being built, they will never get their money back out of them. These units are not luxury condos compared other cities, they are just nice. I can have some granit counter tops thrown in my home kitchen and bathroom, that doesnt make it a luxury home. What happened to just building "Condos" dont have to be called luxury or even charge luxury prices for them. And as for the mock up of the monarch unit they had in the sales center, i was not impressed with it, it didnt look that luxurious to me. Maybe someone can come in with a high rise apt building or regular condo tower to fill the void :)

I am thinking in the next year to two we will see a wave of high to midrise Apt rental buildings build in that area, which can later be converted to condo, im honestly at the prices they are selling these condos for in these buildings its not likely to happen, i just feel sorry for people that have bought units in these buildings that are being built, they will never get their money back out of them. These units are not luxury condos compared other cities, they are just nice. I can have some granit counter tops thrown in my home kitchen and bathroom, that doesnt make it a luxury home. What happened to just building "Condos" dont have to be called luxury or even charge luxury prices for them. And as for the mock up of the monarch unit they had in the sales center, i was not impressed with it, it didnt look that luxurious to me. Maybe someone can come in with a high rise apt building or regular condo tower to fill the void :)

Enough of this pessimism already. With all due respect to your opinion, I feel that your constant complains regarding high condo prices are getting tiresome and borders on jealousy. I am sure most of us on here are fully aware of the current real estates market. But having said that, theses condo prices reflects what people are willing to pay. Of course downtown living will be more expensive than that what you will find in the suburbs, that because you pay for a higher quality of (social) life and the conviniences to everywhere. Do I think it is expensive to live downtown? You betcha! But everytime I step foot out of my condo to walk to work, clubs, bars, restaurants, (soon groceries and movies), or just to walk and interact with other people, it is priceless. You mentioned that you feel sorry for those paying this much, which make us seems like we are idiots. Most people that can afford it are educated professionals that wants to experience the urban lifestyle and contribute to the growth of our city. Without these people investing or living downtown, this forum would be dead. Sorry, I had a bad day.

Archived