The Monarch

wally2169

i bought a house with land and have got more than a million in equity now in it, and i just dont see that ever happening in the condo market esp with acessments when something goes wrong with the building and taxes. I just feel like people are getting ripped off b/c i have seen people lose there butts on condos due to acessments having to pullout second mortgages and stuff.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No its fine i see your point but i feel that at these prices the people that are buying them will not make very much after they pay the high taxes involved and HOA. If i wanted to buy a condo i would do it, i did want to but i just cant justify paying that price, i live downtown now in a rental and it is very convenient to everything but parking for friends and relatives is an issue, and other things, i just hate see people lose money on, and some of the units in the waverly are now being sold for what they paid and maybe less b/c the market is so bad... i dont know maybe im just stupid when it comes to condos, i bought a house with land and have got more than a million in equity now in it, and i just dont see that ever happening in the condo market esp with acessments when something goes wrong with the building and taxes. I just feel like people are getting ripped off b/c i have seen people lose there butts on condos due to acessments having to pullout second mortgages and stuff.

How do you figure that Monarch was a bad location? It is 3 blocks from Orange Ave, 3 blocks from the future Publix/Lake Eola and 5 or 6 blocks from Thornton Park. Granted, its not on Lake Eola, but the South Eola neighborhood seems to be a popular spot...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
"on hold" (=) look at what happened to Eola Place.

I can't see anyone buying into this project. it is generic looking, it's not Kodsi, and probably shouldn't be built. I wish they could transfer unit deposits to TT or something and get that thing started instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds like this butterfly aint coming outta her cacoon, oh well the only thing on this project that looked good was the outside of the building the inside was kinda cheap looking, not very luxurious at all esp the views.

lol. or maybe the plans will change to them bulding a nice sales center just for sh1ts and giggles.

Archived