The Hartford Club | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

Tossing out the 2000 Democratic VP canidate and one of the few Dems in the senate that actually gets listened to by republican majority is a politcially dumb move. Lamont will have zero seniority and put Connecticut firmly on the back burner in fights for funds and power in the senate.

Only in Connecticut could the voters be so politically tone deaf they throw out a powerful senator for a meaningless gesture on the war --which Lamont will be powerless to do anything about.

Truly amazing.

I agree with you here. All they're doing is potentially opening up an opportunity for a Republican to win (which I'd support) or Liberman (who I also support) to win as an independent. Ned doesn't rub off right with me at all. He seems like that annoying kid in class that no one likes because he feels like he's better than everyone. I hate how Lamont started with the attack ads then as soon as Lieberman responded in kind Ned said on a commercial that he will not stoop to his opponent's level.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you here. All they're doing is potentially opening up an opportunity for a Republican to win (which I'd support) or Liberman (who I also support) to win as an independent. Ned doesn't rub off right with me at all. He seems like that annoying kid in class that no one likes because he feels like he's better than everyone. I hate how Lamont started with the attack ads then as soon as Lieberman responded in kind Ned said on a commercial that he will not stoop to his opponent's level.

GOD! I hope Lamont doesn't win. Lieiberman is so much more classier than that guy. I hope CT voters tell Lamont and Destefano thanks, but no thanks.

GOD! I hope Lamont doesn't win. Lieiberman is so much more classier than that guy. I hope CT voters tell Lamont and Destefano thanks, but no thanks.

Sorry, Tycoon. I can't believe there is a majority of right leaning individuals in this forum. What don't you like about Destafano? Other than his universal health care plan, I could live with him. He's apparantly big on transit.

Sorry, Tycoon. I can't believe there is a majority of right leaning individuals in this forum. What don't you like about Destafano? Other than his universal health care plan, I could live with him. He's apparantly big on transit.

I actually voted for Lieberman. Destefano I don't trust. He just sounds like a typical tax and spender type of poltician, by the way he talks. Lord knows Conn doesn't need anymore taxes. Besides I think Rell is doing a pretty good job so far and she has proposed major spending for transit.

Edited by drc72

Most in the Hartford forum seem to lean right. I don't have a problem with DeStefano, where did you get that? I would very much prefer him over Rell and you better believe he would be way better on transit than her.

Most in the Hartford forum seem to lean right. I don't have a problem with DeStefano, where did you get that? I would very much prefer him over Rell and you better believe he would be way better on transit than her.

The DeStefano comment was pointed towards DRC..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to you all! I joined UP this morning. While I have been living in the greater D.C. area for the past several years, I am a native of Newington and still travel back to the Hartford area at least a dozen times a year. I am an ardent supporter of Connecticut's capital region and of the large and small efforts underway to improve the overall quality of life for all residents (urban, suburban, exurban, and rural). I also have a keen interest in urban planning, economic development, and transportation policy. I look forward to sharing my views with you and listening to your views in these forums.

• 3 weeks later...

What the hell....

I just started working in a tech department in a local company a few weeks ago, during off peak hours. Given that, there's a small crew. I am a fairly recent college graduate and mentioned that I would like to move out of tech support and into something like networking, database, or programming. Today, my boss who works first shift told me that he heard of "rumbles" that I am trying to leave him already even though I'm on my probation period. I gave the guy my word I'll be with him for at least 6 months probably somewhere around a year, and I don't know what to make of this. I'm thinking that either someone nonchalantly said something when asked about me wihtout thinking of it or was trying to make me look bad (knowing that I told all 7 people who work nights) without reprecussions, thus leading me to already have trust issues. I asked two people, my supervisor who I trust and the guy who trained me so he can move onto days who I don't trust, if they knew anything about that before leaving for my "weekend" and there are other people who I think may have said it. The whole thing probably isn't such a big deal in the boss's mind, but could it be a sign that there are people who I need to watch out for? I'm new to the office politics things and am wondering if I'm overthinking this or if I need to start watching what I say, or even start testing the people I suspect.

Edited by somad

Hey,

Just joined the site. Architect working in Boston living (renting) in the burbs. Starting to watch this site because I am considering a move and Hartford is on my list. I'm originally from upstate ny and my fiance is from Worcester and her family is all still there. She wants to stay close to home which is fine but makes for a short list of options. I have been encouraged by the discussion in the forum so far by the opportunities there seem to be in Hartford. Hope to see more.

Hey,

Just joined the site. Architect working in Boston living (renting) in the burbs. Starting to watch this site because I am considering a move and Hartford is on my list. I'm originally from upstate ny and my fiance is from Worcester and her family is all still there. She wants to stay close to home which is fine but makes for a short list of options. I have been encouraged by the discussion in the forum so far by the opportunities there seem to be in Hartford. Hope to see more.

Welcome to UP. Please come on down, my architect friend. We can certainly use your services.

Hey,

Welcome to UP. Now design us some nice skycrapers for hartford. :D

Edited by drc72

• 1 month later...

When you click on the neighborhood scout icon at the bottom and you select URBAN, not one neighborhood in Hartford pops up. The site directs you to 5 neighborhoods all in West Hartford. Is that considered redlining which violates RESPA laws? :whistling: