Memphis - Nashville Counterparts

cdarr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? That's interesting to know...I wonder why Nashville wouldn't have a higher class considering that it was once an American Airlines hub.

I don't think Nashville ever had enough operations to be considered Class B (not for sure just heard this around the aerospace program at MTSU). The airspaces are based on air traffic. I think Memphis is the busiest in the world at night, which is remarkable. You can get a look at the very impressive FedEx fleet coming in from the north right before landing. It seems everyone on the airplane is glued to the window at that time.

I hate landing from the south (Southhaven, Miss., I think), nothing but land with a few houses scattered.

I don't think Nashville ever had enough operations to be considered Class B (not for sure just heard this around the aerospace program at MTSU). The airspaces are based on air traffic. I think Memphis is the busiest in the world at night, which is remarkable.

yup, i used to be in the program at mtsu. they go on field trips to MEM to check out the fed ex facility. they say it's unreal the kind of traffic that comes through that place.

^ Really? Are you doing anything in Aerospace these days? The fleet down there in Memphis is like no other, I can hardly wait to see the new A380s.

FedEx just expanded their ground unit, which may mean more jobs for Memphis.

i was in it untill last semester. i'm gonna change my major to business. the aviation industry isn't the best right now. job security is very low.

Neither of you should leave the program! My brother was in it and has had a few setbacks with 9/11. If you do well, airlines gobble students out of MTSU. My brother and about 8 others were snatched by American right after graduation; however, 9/11 happened the day after my brother started, so...go figure. But he's been with US AIR and is going to Continental...stick with it...it's worth it!

I don't think Nashville ever had enough operations to be considered Class B (not for sure just heard this around the aerospace program at MTSU). The airspaces are based on air traffic. I think Memphis is the busiest in the world at night, which is remarkable. You can get a look at the very impressive FedEx fleet coming in from the north right before landing. It seems everyone on the airplane is glued to the window at that time.

I hate landing from the south (Southhaven, Miss., I think), nothing but land with a few houses scattered.

Landing from the south is torture b/c the most exciting thing is when you fly over Goodman Road. Blah. Coming in from the north is cool because you get a better view of downtown as well. During the day was cool one flight b/c we went right over Rhodes...BEAUTIFUL! Lately whenever I fly, we land by the site where the 13-story A380 hub is going to be...can't wait to see that!

Neither of you should leave the program! My brother was in it and has had a few setbacks with 9/11. If you do well, airlines gobble students out of MTSU. My brother and about 8 others were snatched by American right after graduation; however, 9/11 happened the day after my brother started, so...go figure. But he's been with US AIR and is going to Continental...stick with it...it's worth it!

Trying to stick with it..

Archived