West Greenville Village

gs3

• 1 month later...

from Gville News regarding the new Sphinx building replacing the current one:

Work will begin on July 20, but the Spinx station at 1103 Pendleton St. will remain open through July 24. The store will close at 6 a.m. on July 25. The building will be torn down to make way for a new, large format store. The company has not said when the store will re-open.

When the renovations are complete, they store will include a community garden run by Feed and Seed. It will also feature a new sign to welcome visitors to the West Greenville art district. That sign will be designed by local artists.

• Like 1

We'll have to see how this turns out but if they have a chance of competing with QT doing things like this to show they care about the local community is really their only hope. I don't think they can compete on how nice the stations are and selection and stuff like that. If they do more of this showing support for the community I might have to switch back to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That reminds me of the Hardee's in Grand Forks, ND.  In the mid-'80s that store had a property line dispute. They had to demolish the store and rebuild it, six feet away from its original location.  The new store opened just 30 days after the old one was demolished!

• 1 month later...

The old downtrodden gas station on Pendleton that is just beyond the main part of the village (as you drive away from the city proper) sold for $250k. Fingers crossed that it will get a clean up or demolished and replaced.  The triangular parcel is .34 acres. 

Tax Id  0121000700600

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 10:57 AM, vicupstate said:

556 Perry Ave.

Potentially a game-changing property for the village.

Wow, I totally agree.  Could be something pretty amazing (or more stacked low income/elderly housing).  My hope is for mixed use with some office retail and housing with some housing reserved for lower income.  Maybe a good spot for a local brewery or a medium sized music venue (both?) Its right on the train tracks so that could be a noise problem.  They just closed off access to Pendleton from Perry though.  Something that generates a lot of traffic will create some issues on Perry which is mostly residential.

Edited by gvegascple

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...