A few random Downtown photos.

gs3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must've missed something.  Is City Hall moving out of its current location in the black high-rise on Main Street?  If so, where is it going?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greenville,

There is currently a proposal to rebuild city hall to look like the one that was torn down. As of now, I'm not sure of the status. I believe bids were due in June, but the city didn't receive any.

Here is a photo that Brad Toy posted in November of the old City Hall.

City%20Hall50s.jpg

Greenville,

There is currently a proposal to rebuild city hall to look like the one that was torn down.  As of now, I'm not sure of the status.  I believe bids were due in June, but the city didn't receive any.

Here is a photo that Brad Toy posted in November of the old City Hall.

City%20Hall50s.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply, NYTransplant. Sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner, but I have been in the process of moving to Charleston and have not had internet until today.

By the way, Greenville is a far superior city to Charleston in just about every way. Charleston has some cool things about it (like dining and the beach), but I think Greenville is far, far better. :)

We all greatly appreciate your comments regarding Greenville. I hope your stay in Charleston is pleasant enough, but not too comfortable that you'll not come back. :lol: It is great to have such a medical training facility within The Great State of South Carolina. Keep us posted on how things are going! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, NYTransplant.  Sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner, but I have been in the process of moving to Charleston and have not had internet until today.

By the way, Greenville is a far superior city to Charleston in just about every way.  Charleston has some cool things about it (like dining and the beach), but I think Greenville is far, far better. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem Greenville. Good luck at MUSC :thumbsup: Hope to see you here on the boards once in a while if you're not swamped.

BTW, here is another shot of Main & Broad from an old postcard.

PCMainBroad.jpg

Thanks, Skyliner. I appreciate that. I hope to make it back to Greenville whenever I can over the next few years, even though it will probably only be for a short time every couple of months. But hey, I can still read and post on Urban Planet. I have budgeted 10-15 minutes per day to do just that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gsupstate, you're awesome! Thanks a bunch for those skyline shots! I've been intending to get a skyline pic from Wade Hampton Blvd. for a long while, but haven't done so yet. That is as close as we can get to a horizon shot here. Too bad the other buildings aren't visible or areon lower elevations. :)

CIMG2827.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I absolutely LOVE the view of the downtown skyline driving in from Wade Hampton. :wub:

I go to Henry's Smokehouse every chance I get just to enjoy the view. This is such a beautiful URBAN view of Greenville that could be improved. If only all those ugly billboards were restricted, the power lines were burried below ground, and the street lights and traffic signals were replaced with something more along the lines of what's downtown on Main Street. :rolleyes:

CIMG2844.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love the view near Stone Ave, too! That one's going to look great when all the work on I-385 is finished! :thumbsup:

Archived