A few random Downtown photos.

gs3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this work extending all the way to Stone Ave?

No. Just to Academy. At least for now. I have not heard anything about extending it to either Park or Stone. I wish they would though. Those few blocks of four lanes of asphalt really serve as a disconnect between DT and the North Main residential areas.

Does anyone know if there are plans to eventually extend the streetscaping to Park or Stone?

Also, I have noticed that work seems to be gearing up again on the streetscaping/fountain in the BBT triangle in front of the Library.

It is my understanding that yes eventually to Stone. In the 2004 and 2005 budgets they had the extension into West End (old Pendleton, renamed Main and landscaped) and this extension on North Main to Academy, along with the redo of McPherson Park (which is looking great). I think extensions on up to Stone are budgeted for 2006 / 2007. That's my understanding.

What does this landscaping involve? Will they be putting landscaping in the median, or just along the side of the road?

This extension of landscaping on North Main will be indentical to Main....slanted parking, wider sidewalks with benches, trees, flowers on the corners, stoplights on arms, etc.

It is my understanding that yes eventually to Stone. In the 2004 and 2005 budgets they had the extension into West End (old Pendleton, renamed Main and landscaped) and this extension on North Main to Academy, along with the redo of McPherson Park (which is looking great). I think extensions on up to Stone are budgeted for 2006 / 2007. That's my understanding.

Thanks gsupstate ! Glad to hear this.

Although I didn't take any pictures, while I was out today, I noticed they are reworking the medians on Rutherford Rd coming into downtown as well. Looks like more of the planters like on Wade Hampton and Haywood.

Cool! :thumbsup: The city has been adding these planters in medians on several roads. Really a quality touch! Nice to see!

Going through some old photos and cleaning up my files....here are a couple of randoms.

This shot is at the start of contstruction of the Liberty Bridge in Falls Park. Hard now to imagine that it hasn't always just been there! :)

CIMG0669.jpg

The below shot is just a random of downtown before they painted the Church Street bridge.

CIMG0676.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived