Linky Stone Park

gs3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

Had my niece and nephews in town this weekend and took them to Linky Stone. Hadn't been by in quite sometime. This place looks great since it's been finished. The new signage naming flower, plants, insects, rocks....is very educational....even for us adults. :thumbsup: Sort of a mini botanical garden. Here are some updated photos:

CIMG5300.jpg

CIMG5301.jpg

CIMG5302.jpg

CIMG5303.jpg

CIMG5304.jpg

CIMG5305.jpg

CIMG5306.jpg

CIMG5307.jpg

CIMG5308.jpg

CIMG5309.jpg

CIMG5310.jpg

CIMG5311.jpg

CIMG5312.jpg

CIMG5313.jpg

CIMG5314.jpg

CIMG5315.jpg

CIMG5316.jpg

CIMG5317.jpg

CIMG5318.jpg

CIMG5319.jpg

Great photos, gsupstate! :shades:

for some reason i have never liked this project it seems too cluttered and too random and i have never actually seen any kids there....could just be me...i think it's all the colored bridge cloumns that turn me off the most...

Part of the problem is the disconnect that currently exists between Linky Stone Park and the rest of the greeway park system. My daughter begs me to take her to that park every time we drive past and I have yet to do so because it's just there...and isn't on my destinations list usually when I head downtown. I think you'll see many more kids (and their parents) in Linky Stone Park once the riverwalk is complete and well-connected across River Street to Linky Stone.

for some reason i have never liked this project it seems too cluttered and too random and i have never actually seen any kids there....could just be me...i think it's all the colored bridge cloumns that turn me off the most...

I never see kids there either. I think like RT's post, when the riverwalk/greenway is completed, there will be more kid traffic. I kinda like it being quiet and without kids now (though my niece and nephews were far from quiet)......I had such a science lesson in this park this past weekend!!! Helps to brush up on botany every now and then. :D

Great photos, gsupstate! :shades:

Thanks RT!

Archived