Attention Florida College Football Fans!

Florida

Which of the following teams do you root for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following teams do you root for?

• Florida State - Seminoles
    • University of Florida - Gators
    • University of Miami - Hurricanes
    • Other (Please Post The Name of your School)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Before long someone will find something wrong with the mascots for the University of Florida and Miami too. <_<

"A cartoon gator might scare the children and the hurricane's mascot incites an urge for people to fight. Maybe they should be smiling and giving a thumb-up..."

Man I can hear it now...

I went to both UF and FSU but it always comes back to the Hurricanes for me.  It's what I grew up with.  I cheer for all the Florida Schools though.

Miami

UF

FSU

USF

UCF

FAMU

BCC

FAU

FIU

I know I'm missing somebody here...  who else has a football team?

JU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, accually JU does have a team,.. a few of my boys on the team...

Go FAMU (even if we do have 115 NCAA violations , :whistling: )

going back up to gainesville this week to attend U.F. so im going to have to say GO GATORS! except when I say GO GATORS! Im refering to the alumni and current students rather than the football team, they stink out loud.

For football im going to have to root for THE F.I.U. GOLDEN PANTHERS! A KENDALL TEAM FOR A KENDALL KID!!!!!!! WOOOO! GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Gator alum. I bleed orange and blue.

That being said, I hope FSU sues the NCAA and wins. Southern pride here. THis whole debacle is primarily an attack to bring ole Bobby down. Noone cares about the Illini and Utah. Yet, they allow Notre Dame to keep its mascot b/c "noone has complained who's Irish." Well, the Oklahoma Seminoles came out and said they had no problem w/ FSU using the moscot either. Screw the NCAA.

In the USA Today preseason poll (which I put absolutely no stock in)

8 Miami

11 Florida

12 Florida State

It'll be interesting to see USF in the Big East conference.

FAU and FIU are division 1A this year. We need to get UCF into a major conference though.

in addittion to Edward Waters playing in NAIA it looks like Webber college has a team. Never heard of that school. It's in a place called Babson Park. Well you learn something new every day.

Just one more school to root for.

We need to get UCF into a major conference though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite honestly, I was shocked that the Big East took USF and not UCF, too (or instead of USF). I guess that 0-11 season in football last year didn't help matters.

Give the Big East a couple more years and they'll be asking UCF to join, too. :thumbsup:

Was there any doubt who I cheered for? As for the Noles, while I am obviously not a fan, this PC nonsense has really gone too far and is ruining our country. Let the Indian names remain. I think it is odd that no one ever objects to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I guess it is still ok to make fun of white ethnic groups (not that I am offended by this either - everyone needs to lighten up).

My last name is Murphy... I am offended by ND!!!!!!!! No, not really. But I am a quarter Creek... and i go to fsu... so we should be allowed to keep our mascot... I truly believe with all we put into the mascot, it will stay... we pay to much money to the seminole tribe of florida for the ncaa to really say no. I hope i dont eat my words, but fsu seminoles will be 'aight!

Archived