Attention Florida College Football Fans!

Florida

Which of the following teams do you root for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following teams do you root for?

• Florida State - Seminoles
    • University of Florida - Gators
    • University of Miami - Hurricanes
    • Other (Please Post The Name of your School)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice way to stick it to the point... Murphy! Point is, FSU doesn't in anyway degrade or disrespect the Seminole name. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has given us their approval, who is the NCAA to tell them they are wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, most of the Seminoles were relocated to Oklahome, and evidently, they're all highly offended.

I still stand with FSU on this one though.

^ Before long someone will find something wrong with the mascots for the University of Florida and Miami too.  <_<

"A cartoon gator might scare the children and the hurricane's mascot incites an urge for people to fight.  Maybe they should be smiling and giving a thumb-up..."

Man I can hear it now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

How about the fruit family

FSU > Oranges

UF > Grapefruit

UM > Lemons

and etc for other Fla. schools

Ga.

UG > Peaches

In NC

NCSU > Apples

UNC . Grapes

and etc.

I guest we could not do this, because it would keep children from eating fruit.

Really; I think this mascot business has got out of hand. You can make a big deal about anything. I hope FSU can keep it's mascot.

You can see how crazy things can get.

that's great news. why did they change their minds?

BTW, I fully believe that this whole bunch of BS was aimed specifically at bringing ole Bobby down. No doubt about it, it was a north vs the south deal--definite regional bias here (the ole Keith Jackson bias for Big 10 teams and ND and the Pac 10 and the "grandaddy of them all" Rose Bowl game.

Boy, they were just salivating at the prospect of USC winning another title and playing Michigan to boot, and also the news that the "Seminole" name and Chief Osceola would no longer be striking fear into the hearts of opposing fans and players as he would spear the 50 yard line emblem. Well, who's been an unnatural sore in their side (the NCAA old guard) for the last 20 years? FSU. They've kicked everyone's ass-- and on the road too.

Nobody cares about U of I athletics, so they weren't a factor. In fact, the Oklahoma Tribe even said they endorsed FSU as well as the Fla. Tribe. The hypocrissy purposefully overlooked Notre Dame which was the most blatant type of ethnic "non-PC slur" of all mascots, who are also the darlings of the NCAA, but have instead turned into a bunch of losers.

And I don't say Go ACC, since a rep from Wake voted against the Noles on that committee.

I wouldn't say Go ACC anyway, since I'm a Gator.

Ice-T had a controversial tune back in the early nineties making a lewd reference to the police. I say redo the song and replace "police" with "NCAA."

that's great news. why did they change their minds?

Not sure exactly, but it may have been because FSU had gotten explicit permission from the Seminole nation to use their names.

Also, the fact that it references a specific group of Indians instead of a general term used to describe them (such as Braves or Redskins) may have helped some since "Seminoles" is not usually offensive (unless you're a Gator).

Exactly. We were able to slant the NCAA initial ruling into an insult against the Seminole tribes ability to decide for themselves what thier name should and could be used for. If the NCAA upheld, the seminole tribe would have had a whole new fight. NCAA did everything wronge, but at least they reconciled. 1 WEEK FROM MONDAY... I AM SO READY! FsU will beat you!

^No,..

Those were featers allright,...

Feather used to Tar & Feather Drew Weatherford last night.

He's still missing by the way,

As a matter of fact him and Brian Monroe is too.....

We'll see FSU again on Dec. 3rd in Jacksonville,.. Hopefully our KICKING game will have worked out the kinks....

I think this has been a very good week for quarterbacks at fsu.. i watched some prectice from the new parking garage on campus,... 2 QB's throwing good passes.. i could nt tell who was who though. I am excited now more than ever because they were so bad!!! lol. teh UF folks have been talking trash at us already.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived