Hartford's Continued Progress

HartfordTycoon

Hartford is making tremendous progress in it's efforts to be born anew as a great city. Here is the editorial from yesterday's Hartford Courant and the latest edition of Cranes and Scoffolds, the progress report of downtown development.

Courant Editorial on Hartford's Progress

Cranes and Scaffolds

We are certainly headed in the right direction now. The question is can the development be not only sustained but increased.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this in the Sunday Courant and I was impressed as I myself noticed that there were no projects that were stalled and that the Connecticut Convention Center is now off the list as the first fully completed project.

There is so much happening downtown and hopefully Hartford will benefit from this. In order though for Hartford to fully benefit from this I feel more needs to be done to lure more jobs and more companies to open offices in Hartford. Since it is every town for itself in the Greater Hartford area the loss of jobs in the city like the ones of ING, WFSB, and Mass Mutual will hurt the city. It is good they are staying in the area and will still help the local economy though but hopefully the flight to the suburbs by companies will not hurt efforts downtown.

The project at Rentschler Field also looks hopeful and helpful to Hartford even though ING was lured over the river. I did hear though about Cabela's the recreational store that wanted to open a 200,000 square foot outdoor experience store of which would be the first Cabela

I read this in the Sunday Courant and I was impressed as I myself noticed that there were no projects that were stalled and that the Connecticut Convention Center is now off the list as the first fully completed project.

There is so much happening downtown and hopefully Hartford will benefit from this. In order though for Hartford to fully benefit from this I feel more needs to be done to lure more jobs and more companies to open offices in Hartford. Since it is every town for itself in the Greater Hartford area the loss of jobs in the city like the ones of ING, WFSB, and Mass Mutual will hurt the city. It is good they are staying in the area and will still help the local economy though but hopefully the flight to the suburbs by companies will not hurt efforts downtown.

The project at Rentschler Field also looks hopeful and helpful to Hartford even though ING was lured over the river. I did hear though about Cabela's the recreational store that wanted to open a 200,000 square foot outdoor experience store of which would be the first Cabela

Good luck in getting that to pass. Most of the suburbs are too selfish/stubborn/whatever you want to call it to relinquish any control of their precious little cities/towns for the greater good of the area. It kills me, Hartford has huge potential, and all these towns can think of is themselves, not realizing that as Hartford goes, they go. If hartford cerased to exist, so would Farmington, Glastonbury, Avon.....

Archived