Gaza Strip

jfl25

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree monsoon. Maybe this will begin to bring peace to the area but I wouldnt count on it.It's tragic that people get uprooyed from the place they have called home for many years now,but if it helps ease tention I'm all for it.It's to bad that all of the hostility still exists in the world today.I think the world has came a long way ,but we still have a longer way to go .

I will be interested to see how the Palestinians will decide to settle the land. Israel had a few ten thousands of settlers occupying the same space that 1.5 million Palestinians occupy on the other side of the wall. For example who will get to move into the opulent (at least to the people living in Gaza City)houses that are left behind?

Bad memories.  I don't think anyone would want to live in buildings that would remind them of the period of time these buildings would represent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or to avoid people killing eachother for the rights to the houses left behind. Can you imagine what would happen if they just left them? It would be like the $50 ibook deal times a million.

I'm glad that Isreal has taken this step towards easing tensions, but I'm afraid it will only accomplish that for a very short time and by next year they'll be right back where they started. Peace in that region seems almost impossible. :(

Or to avoid people killing eachother for the rights to the houses left behind.  Can you imagine what would happen if they just left them?  It would be like the $50 ibook deal times a million.

I'm glad that Isreal has taken this step towards easing tensions, but I'm afraid it will only accomplish that for a very short time and by next year they'll be right back where they started.  Peace in that region seems almost impossible. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These peoples are sworn enemies, and I doubt either would be comfortable living in those houses if there were not destroyed. Also, given the population density of the surrounding area, and shortage of land, it would look strange to have this settlement (which resembles a suburban neighborhood in comparison) next to the dense urban loom of gaza. Hopefully this is the beginning towards improving the Palestinian quality of life.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived