139 S Division Makeover

GRDadof3

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is doing this renovation?  Also is that a roof deck up there fenced in?  Looks like an cool project.  I'd love to see more of this down there on S Division!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me see here.... Joe Neiwick. And the shoe store is being opened by Larry Zeiser. I really have to stop being such a post wh*re. I hate seeing my name all the way down the right column of the GR page :P

Let me see here.... Joe Neiwick.  And the shoe store is being opened by Larry Zeiser.  I really have to stop being such a post wh*re.  I hate seeing my name all the way down the right column of the GR page  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell no! If you have info, post it. The more the better. :thumbsup:

GRDad, since you don't do this for profit, you are not a post wh*re, I'd say more appropriately since you enjoy posting, you are a posting sl*t. Your posts are so informative and enjoyable, so keep posting you shameless hussie! :thumbsup:

Something about this isn't making sense to me ... Joeseph Niewiek bought this building from Larry Zieser (sp?) last year. It seems improbably that Larry, who owns two local bars, would now lease retail space in a building he used to own to open a shoe store.

Something about this isn't making sense to me ... Joeseph Niewiek bought this building from Larry Zieser (sp?) last year. It seems improbably that Larry, who owns two local bars, would now lease retail space in a building he used to own to open a shoe store.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahem, back to the topic at hand. Maybe it just worked out better that way, If Larry wanted to just open a shoe store and not "own" the building anymore, he could sell it to Joe and lease back just the space he wanted. Or it could be a big shell game to get tax breaks :shifty: They did get a $50,000 tax break at the same time the bookstore did. Hmmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahem, back to the topic at hand.  Maybe it just worked out better that way,  If Larry wanted to just open a shoe store and not "own" the building anymore, he could sell it to Joe and lease back just the space he wanted.  Or it could be a big shell game to get tax breaks :shifty:  They did get a $50,000 tax break at the same time the bookstore did.  Hmmmmm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me clear up several things in this post.

1. I am Joseph Niewiek the sole Member Manager of To Be Determined, LLC a Michigan Limited Liablitly Corporation that ownes 139 S. Division Ave.

2. It is my Land Rover in the Picture.

3. The residentail renovations have been completed for several years, Larry the former owner did most of them and the deck does rule. If you would like to see for yourself let me know, your invited over for a drink!

4. No one got a $50,000 tax break. To Be Determined, LLC recieved a 45,500 building reuse grant from the Grand Rapids Downtown Developement Authority DDA in order to pay for the renivations need to open the shoe store.

5. All City Kicks is owned by Jason Stewart (not Larry Zieser) and will open before the end of the year. They will sell clothes and mens shoes, not alternative to my knowledge.

6. Any other questions, please post and I would be happy to report the true story!!!

1.  I am Joseph Niewiek the sole Member Manager of To Be Determined, LLC a Michigan Limited Liablitly Corporation that ownes 139 S. Division Ave. 

2.  It is my Land Rover in the Picture.

3.  The residentail renovations have been completed for several years, Larry the former owner did most of them and the deck does rule.  If you would like to see for yourself let me know, your invited over for a drink!

4.  No one got a $50,000 tax break.  To Be Determined, LLC recieved a 45,500 building reuse grant from the Grand Rapids Downtown Developement Authority DDA in order to pay for the renivations need to open the shoe store.

5.  All City Kicks is owned by Jason Stewart (not Larry Zieser) and will open before the end of the year.  They will sell clothes and mens shoes, not alternative to my knowledge. 

6.  Any other questions, please post and I would be happy to report the true story!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for clearing things up Joseph! We tend to get carried away with our speculations sometimes :blush:

1.  I am Joseph Niewiek the sole Member Manager of To Be Determined, LLC a Michigan Limited Liablitly Corporation that ownes 139 S. Division Ave. 

2.  It is my Land Rover in the Picture.

3.  The residentail renovations have been completed for several years, Larry the former owner did most of them and the deck does rule.  If you would like to see for yourself let me know, your invited over for a drink!

4.  No one got a $50,000 tax break.  To Be Determined, LLC recieved a 45,500 building reuse grant from the Grand Rapids Downtown Developement Authority DDA in order to pay for the renivations need to open the shoe store.

5.  All City Kicks is owned by Jason Stewart (not Larry Zieser) and will open before the end of the year.  They will sell clothes and mens shoes, not alternative to my knowledge. 

6.  Any other questions, please post and I would be happy to report the true story!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great to see more people of local importance landing on UP. B) Grand Rapids seems to be on a roll!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This also strikes me as odd. Larry did all the rennovation work upstairs something like 3 years ago (my roommate at the time and myself helped with some of it.) He was living in the top floor for almost a year until someone made him a juicy offer on the building.

Looks like newkerofmi cleared this up! It really is nice inside upstairs (do in very to some of my help) and would be a great place to rent!

Unfortunately, somebody stole the old Reptile House sign from the front of the building before we started on the place...

Looks like newkerofmi cleared this up!  It really is nice inside upstairs (do in very to some of my help) and would be a great place to rent!

Unfortunately, somebody stole the old Reptile House sign from the front of the building before we started on the place...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would rent it if someone was interested. I have my name on the list for the new bridge water place.

Archived