Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

Tallahassee {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Restaurants

Cafe and Drinks

All Saints Cafe- Coffee and Vegan Snacks

Black Dog - Coffee House

Side of the Road Places

Lake Bradford and Levy - Great Barbuque

Mr. T's - Shopping Plaza with New Flea Market (started out as roadside I think) - Also Great Barbeque. Try thier bread puddling.

Quick Eats

Super Perros - Tennessee and Ocala - Columbia Fast Food. Good for when you want a different sort of burger/hot dog

Bagel Bagel - Various Locations - Sandwich/Bagel Shop. They deliver to most areas.

Pitaria - Tennessee near Campus - Greek Food. Cooked Fresh

Momo's/Decent Pizza - Tennessee and Bryan/Monroe - New York Style Pizza. Momo caters more to college students, while Decent Pizza trying to get the art/music crowd

Hobbit Hogies - Various Locations - Burger, Subs, etc.

Fat Sandwich - All Saints District- Cool Sandwiches. Best Sandwiches in town, though they keep odd hours.

One Stri Fry - Monroe Street - Stri Fry

Metro Deli - Downtown - Sandwiches of any type

Good Eats - Downtown - Sandwiches and bakery type items

Sit Down

El Tapito - Monroe - Mexican. Good place to get Mexican

Los Compadres - Pensacola - Another Mexican

Super China Buffet - South Monroe across from the Mall. Get the Mongolian Barbuque

Catfish Pad - Pensacola Street - Seafood. Limited menu but they make GOOD food

Gordos - Pensacola Street - Cuban Food.

Park Ave Diner - FSU Campus - Closest thing we have to a denny's diner

Jenny's Lunch Box - Tennesee and Magnolia - Breakfast and Lunch Dinner

High Class

Regnathai - Thomasville Road - Thai Food

Fusion Cafe - Monroe - Gormet Fusion Food

Masa - Monroe - Sushi and other items

Ruby Sky - Kerry Forrest Parkway - Fine Dining

Cypress - East Tennessee Street - Fine Dining

Andrews 228 - Jefferson Street, Downtown

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm you guys sure like chains...

I like The Loop (Tennessee), sometimes Good Time Charlie's (Apalachee), and if I want to mix it up and relax with some friends and maybe get a small dessert I go to this hookah bar called Sheesha Nights (off Monroe). If you haven't tried hookah and you are 18, you have to try it! It's amazingly fun and a great thing to do with friends. For nice occasions I got to Nino's (wayyy down Apalachee). If you're over on FSU's campus there's a popular restaurant called the Park Avenue Diner which is open 24 hours a day, so I constantly find myself there at 2 in the morning :D .

I also like the Outback, Carraba's, etc. They're good but they get kind of old after a while since they're everywhere. I find eating at local places is much more rewarding...

Go Tally!

I've got to try these local joints... I've got to admit I'm a bit afraid.

Now Nickelson Family Farm House is good...

I've wanted to try Cypress for while. Carlos' Cuban Cafe is good, but it leaves Garlic on the breath for weeks. I've heard Barnaby's was a racist place, heard the same about BanJos BarBQue... so I haven't been there.

Po Boy's strikes my interest, but it seems a bit to party oriented, so I've never stopped by to taste the food. There's a new Teriyaki Sun joint on Pensacola st serving Japanese food thanks looks interesting... I might give that a try.

Anyone remember the Wharf? What happened to that place?

Anyone remember the Wharf? What happened to that place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one on the Parkway burned down, and I guess it just went out of business once it moved to that location off Thomasville Rd.

Baranby's is racist? I certainly hope that's an unfounded rumor. I love that place! :)

Two of my other favorite places in town to eat are Sonny's and Smokey Bones BBQ.

moxwax: MoMo's is ok as I recall. My brother loves the place.

With regard to the racist thing... I've never experienced anything first hand but the witness was credible... so I'm not sure... I was also told to stay away from Barnicle Bill's for the same reason... but I really want to try that place... Anyone know if the Barnicle is any better than Crystal River?

Oh, dude. One time at Smokey Bones I was drinking one of those really tall glasses of beer, and the waitress came and asked me if I wanted another one (on the house if I recall correctly). I think someone didn't want it after all or someting. At least I don't think they charged... :shifty: But I wasn't paying either way! :)

I hear Momo's has HUGE slices of pizza! Or is that decent pizza with that...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, their slogan is "Slices the size of your head" (or something like that) and it's TRUE! I've never had Decent Pizza, but from what I hear it's decent (no joke... <_< )

btw Nicholson Family Farm is pretty good but it's so freakin far away. It's pretty much a novelty type thing anyway. I went there with my family the first night I stayed in Tally my freshman year at FSU. It's been over a year now and I still haven't been back nor do I have the desire to...

^Im actually very surprised you went there your first night here at FSU... most people, especially those from out of town, don't know anything about that restaurant. They have great steaks and shrimp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah the people there were surprised too... an FSU alum here in Tampa told us to check it out. We didn't know anything in Tallahassee at the time, so we went (and got lost on the way a bunch of times <_< ). In just a year at FSU I've explored much of Tallahasse, but there's so much left to see. I need to find more good restaurants!!!

Allow me to Add Harry's Seafood Bar and Grill to my list.

83908949381_290_1.jpg

Today I attended the Grand Opening at 4:00pm. Little did I know I would be the first customer to take a booth seat, I found out when company crews came by and took pictures of me looking at the menu.

83908760965_290_1.jpg

In terms of Review I must say Harry's covered many critical points very well. Of course at a restaurant, the most important element is the taste and quality of the food. Not only was the food outstanding (I ordered the Voo Doo Shrimpa as an appetizer, Salmon & Red Beans and Rice, and Key Lime Pie as desert) but it was plentiful. I actually had to ask for a box to bring the rest home, anyone who knows me will tell you that never happens. While the taste of the shrimp and salmon met my standards, the Key Lime Pie was EXCEPTIONAL! Its worth driving from Key West for.

84226454533_290_1.jpg

84226515077_290_1.jpg

The service was top tier. From the moment I walked up to the doors until I left I was treated like a king! I don't know if much of that was because I was the first customer to take a table, or because they treat everyone like they did myself. It seems each associate was concerned with the quality of service they were providing, and did all they could to ensure a great experience for their customers. I left feeling like I was well cared for.

84226544005_290_2.jpg

The ambiance was a nice. New Orleans Style from the art on the walls to the music in the air. I believe there was even a guy outside with a saxaphone! It fits well with the Kleman Plaza character, and was a nice relief from the usual Cowboy Steakhouse with the Bull Head sticking out of the wall.

84226572933_290_2.jpg

Overall, the restaurant was great. Being able to look out my window at the Captiol to my left and the Dept of Education and Mary Brogan Museum straight ahead is what I've been waiting for. If this is a sign of things to come for downtown, Tallahassee has alot to look forward to. While prices weren't the lowest (my tab $28.39 for a four course dinner) this place is certainlly worth adding to my list of Great Restaurants! I expect to become a regular.

Food looks ok, and from what you say you said it tasted good. I am very judgemental when it comes to food a.k.a food critic. I guess I will go give Harry's a try! You know what Tallahasse could use right now is a Perkins. We are in desperate need of one.

• 2 weeks later...

As another side... The Romano's Macaroni Grill that will be opening on Apalachee Parkway is just now coming before city planners for permitting... this is one of those times when you wish Tallahassee had a theme for its developing restaurants and stores to follow... but that aside here's a rough look at where it will be located.

MacaroniGrill.jpg

I thought I had a picture of the actual parcel but apparently I don't. But if you could look left about 10 feet in this picture, there is where the Restaurant would be. Restaurant hopes to be open sometime next summer.

Archived