Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to vent by saying one of my favorite fast food restaurants, Zaxby's, has really upset me recently. Usually, at the branch on Apalachee Parkway where I normally go, the associates there are very, very polite. However, it seems there have been a good share of new hires working the night shift who aren't what I'd consider Zaxby material employees. I was literally barked at from the ordering box, the young lady had an attitude, she talked extremely quick "go ahead with your order" instead of "welcome to Zaxby's, what can I get you today!", she refused to repeat my order or tell me how much my total would be. I was so discusted with her attitude I pulled out of line and left. I would normally never do that, but here I was left with no choice.

However, as a touch of good news, Tallahassee will see the opening of two new Zaxby stores within the next 3 months, one on Tennessee Street where Miami Subs used to be, and one on Monroe near the Tallahassee mall in the place of that Old Miami Subs.

As someone pointed out, Tallahassee uses its vacated buildings well!

I'd like to vent by saying one of my favorite fast food restaurants, Zaxby's, has really upset me recently. Usually, at the branch on Apalachee Parkway where I normally go, the associates there are very, very polite. However, it seems there have been a good share of new hires working the night shift who aren't what I'd consider Zaxby material employees. I was literally barked at from the ordering box, the young lady had an attitude, she talked extremely quick "go ahead with your order" instead of "welcome to Zaxby's, what can I get you today!", she refused to repeat my order or tell me how much my total would be. I was so discusted with her attitude I pulled out of line and left. I would normally never do that, but here I was left with no choice.

However, as a touch of good news, Tallahassee will see the opening of two new Zaxby stores within the next 3 months, one on Tennessee Street where Miami Subs used to be, and one on Monroe near the Tallahassee mall in the place of that Old Miami Subs.

As someone pointed out, Tallahassee uses its vacated buildings well!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that would be me, its such smart planning to not leave empty stripmalls, look around there ar evirtually none.

"Get used to it."

With the (possible) opposite of your experience TaurenJ:

I was once accused by a Sonic manager for being rude - so he wouldn't complete my order. Know what I, the customer in the drive-thru, did to deserve not being served by such an establishment as Sonic's? I told them not to put pickles on my burger like they had the time before.

I am a horrible customer, I know. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Perkins has good hamburgers? I'm always in search of the perfect hamburger. I like cabos bluecheese hamburger

I also like beef o brady's hamburgers (MOST of the time)

my favorite greek salad and all time favorite calzone is village pizza (next to steinmart) past I-10 toward killearn

decent pizza for pizza

san miguel for mexican

banjos for barbecue

osaka for sushi

I also like all the restuarants everybody else mentioned.

bella bella is good too

as is clusters and hops

Hardees?? are you kidding me? I want one! Are they outta business now? I'm a wendy's and steak and shake kinda gal myself.

Tallahassee has one Hardees, ONLY one, which I think is a big mistake for the chain, located On NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH Monroe at Lake Jackson, well actually the Oak Valley Publix Shopping Center.

There are a few Hardees in the surrounding counties, but we only have 1.

its either open or they are putting the finishing touches on it. They tore out the old RFOC crappy cafeteria and are putting in Hardees, along with Pollo Tropical, and a Sushi place... should be opne in a week or less if nto already open now!

OH WOW!!! Pollo Tropical is opening on campus, I forgot! This will be the only Pollo north of Seminole County!!! This is great! My girlfriend likes this place. I still don't understand why they just won't open a stand alone Hardees along Tennessee or Gaines or Lake Bradford or downtown somewhere. Apalachee parkway could use one too. Geez they're just loosing out on all kinds of money.

I dont think thats very true, I think hardees had more restarants here before, but they folded because not enough people ate at them, and the only one left is the one on north monroe....

SInce then they probably decided to give it another shot on campus.... so if people start eating there, then after 6 months or so they build a hardees next to campus, and people wanna eat there.

just my theory.

From living here since I was born - my understanding is that McDonalds, Wendy's, etc . . has more standing as being "cooler" in Tallahassee. Hence why Hardees might have a hard time keeping up with business. That might not make any sense to you - but for some reason it brainwashed a few generations where I grew up. Hardees was just never as cool to eat or been seen at - it's an "older" persons fast food of choice.

I was buying lunch from Pollo Tropical the other day and they double charged my card. Both were authorized and money taken from my account (not just temporary pendings). I'm currently talking with my CC company who will contace Aramark (or whatever their name is) - because $5 is a lot of money for me to just lose - that's another lunch or a week worth of Ramen Noodle for Pete's sake! Consider yourself forewarned.

I dont think thats very true, I think hardees had more restarants here before, but they folded because not enough people ate at them, and the only one left is the one on north monroe....

SInce then they probably decided to give it another shot on campus.... so if people start eating there, then after 6 months or so they build a hardees next to campus, and people wanna eat there.

just my theory.

I believe Hardees knows why it folded before... because it was plum nasty... and they have even admitted to that in their commcercials.

But Hardees is now a leader in this Big Burger industry, and their Burgers really do taste good. I'd much prefer a Hardees burger to any fast food restaurant near my Apt (I live near a Whataburger, MacDonalds, Subway, Wendys, and some chicken joints like Popeyes, Churches). Bring me a Hardees and sit it right down on Lake Bradford or Pensacola Street.

I believe Hardees knows why it folded before... because it was plum nasty... and they have even admitted to that in their commcercials.

But Hardees is now a leader in this Big Burger industry, and their Burgers really do taste good. I'd much prefer a Hardees burger to any fast food restaurant near my Apt (I live near a Whataburger, MacDonalds, Subway, Wendys, and some chicken joints like Popeyes, Churches). Bring me a Hardees and sit it right down on Lake Bradford or Pensacola Street.

hardees. trash.

The Hardees opens on Friday, and everything else is open already. Now if there was a place where you could get good soups and Chili near campus (Panera or Atlanta Bread Company if you are looking for comparison, although a mom & pop place would be better) I'd be on that in a heartbeat.

I'm excited about the opening of the Panera Bread Co. as part of the Governor's Crossing complex going up at the intersection of Blair and Park. I've heard alot about them from my girlfriend. I'm actually about to leave early to see if I can take a look at whats being offered at Pollo Tropical... they may not be open this early, but I want to give them a shot also. Good to have a taste of the different parts of Florida come to town. This is how it should be. Exciting stuff.

Thanks Psycuda!

Hmm... try Andrews. Locally owned, its a favorite of many locals, theres the Andrews Grille and Bar for the casual meal, then theres Andrews 228 located just next door for more upscale dining. Another local favorite is Marie Livingstons, located on North Monroe just off of I-10 old Exit 29. Silver Slipper is nice, Midtown, John Knox at Silverslipper Lane. We have tons of other locally owned favorites... maybe the others can help me out a little with those.

Archived