Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find Stevie B's to be better pizza than CiCi's and the price is the same.

I prefer Decent Pizza for eat-in and I love papa johns. They own my soul. I've tried some of the other local resturants, but I think Papa John's puts crack in their Garlic sauce. :)

I agree! I love that Garlic Butter!! :w00t:

no offense, but Tallahassee is a mega-chain restaurant hell-hole. i guess some people find comfort in being able to eat the same food, in the same place, in every city throughout the U.S.A. but not me.

with that little rant out of my system here are my favs:

Alberts Provence

Food Glorious Food

Main Ingredient

Liam's (Thomasville, GA well worth the drive!)

Sage (New place in Monticello, awesome sandwiches!)

Old Mexico (On the Parkway)

Momo's for Pizza (Slices as big as your head!)

Ming Tree

^I don't think that's a problem unique to Tally, I think "the chaining of America" is happening nationally. I eat out about 2 times a week and I rarely eat at a chain restaurant. I like all your choices except The Ming Tree. Last time I ate there (over 3 yrs ago) I saw not one but two roaches scramper across the floor. That was enough for me to never eat there again.

no offense, but Tallahassee is a mega-chain restaurant hell-hole. i guess some people find comfort in being able to eat the same food, in the same place, in every city throughout the U.S.A. but not me.

with that little rant out of my system here are my favs:

Alberts Provence

Food Glorious Food

Main Ingredient

Liam's (Thomasville, GA well worth the drive!)

Sage (New place in Monticello, awesome sandwiches!)

Old Mexico (On the Parkway)

Momo's for Pizza (Slices as big as your head!)-mmmmmm I'll check out this place. I could easily get full off a couple slices.

Ming Tree

Thanks Monticello for those out-of-town suggestions (Liam's, Sage). To be fair, if we want our city to be a restaurant destination for diners from Monticello, Havana, Quincy, Thomasville, etc., we should make an effort to support the best places to eat whenever we leave Tallahassee.

I've heard a lot of positive reviews of Liam's. I like the sound of their approach to fresh, seasonal ingredients in an open kitchen setting.

For those of you plannng trips down to Apalachicola, I like That Place on 98, The Gibson Inn, and Tamara's Cafe Floridita.

I just had to post after reading yet another soft review from the food critic at the Tallahassee Democrat. I love a lot of restaurants in Tallahassee, however, my biggest complaint has been the lack of "follow-thru" and lack of just general management skills.

Specifically with Atlanta Bread Company...The prices are fairly high for the type of food they serve but the food is generally good. However, the place can be an absolute dump at times. I have been to other ABCs and they are usually all clean, everything is where it should be, spacious, etc...The one here in Tally feels like a high school cafeteria.

Back to our food critic, Ashby Stiff...Just as a warning to you all...Take every flowery description of a restaurant he reviews and take it down a notch or two.

I just had to post after reading yet another soft review from the food critic at the Tallahassee Democrat. I love a lot of restaurants in Tallahassee, however, my biggest complaint has been the lack of "follow-thru" and lack of just general management skills.

Specifically with Atlanta Bread Company...The prices are fairly high for the type of food they serve but the food is generally good. However, the place can be an absolute dump at times. I have been to other ABCs and they are usually all clean, everything is where it should be, spacious, etc...The one here in Tally feels like a high school cafeteria.

Back to our food critic, Ashby Stiff...Just as a warning to you all...Take every flowery description of a restaurant he reviews and take it down a notch or two.

I personally hate ABC. I think thier prices ARE high and their food is gross. They use the worst tasting bread to me (Rye, uugh :sick: ) and that's what really turned me off. See, I didn't know what Rye was before I ate there, I'm new to many breads, anyhow, after tasting that I don't want to try anything else they have... EVER!

I personally hate ABC. I think thier prices ARE high and their food is gross. They use the worst tasting bread to me (Rye, uugh :sick: ) and that's what really turned me off. See, I didn't know what Rye was before I ate there, I'm new to many breads, anyhow, after tasting that I don't want to try anything else they have... EVER!

:sick: Rye Bread is pretty nasty in general, so don't go judging the place just on that. :sick:

I have had their honey wheat; it was very good. There french bread is so so. I like thier turkey club flatten sandwitch (can't remember their fancy name for them).

Archived