Tallahassee: Restaurants

Florida

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Cracker Barrle's, a high majority of them are off of Interstates/Highways.

I agree that a cracker barrel would do well off of exit 196 (Midway)

Still hoping and wishing for a publix on that side of Tallahassee....maybe replace the Harvey's or in that area?

There is one particular resturant in Tallahassee that is very disappointing, and that is BW3's or Buffalo Wilde Wings (whatever you prefer to call it). Now don't get me wrong, the food here is great. I am a big fan of there wings and as of last week a fan of there burgers. I must say, one of the better burgers I have had from a chain. Anyway, back to my point....This resturant is just disgusting. It seems that all the other BW3's have gone to a more traditional atmosphere where you are actually seated and waited on. It seems that all the other BW3's have either built new or remodled to go more along these lines. Would be really great to see this one take shape of the rest of there franchise, but more then anything I would like to see a newly built one anywhere in town. Maybe Fallschase?

There is one particular resturant in Tallahassee that is very disappointing, and that is BW3's or Buffalo Wilde Wings (whatever you prefer to call it). Now don't get me wrong, the food here is great. I am a big fan of there wings and as of last week a fan of there burgers. I must say, one of the better burgers I have had from a chain. Anyway, back to my point....This resturant is just disgusting. It seems that all the other BW3's have gone to a more traditional atmosphere where you are actually seated and waited on. It seems that all the other BW3's have either built new or remodled to go more along these lines. Would be really great to see this one take shape of the rest of there franchise, but more then anything I would like to see a newly built one anywhere in town. Maybe Fallschase?

I expressed a similar disappointment with this location when I lasted visited sometime around Christmas. I don't think this site is adequate anymore... parking is scarce mainly. Like you I wish they'd relocate within Tallahassee... but instead of a place like Fallschase, I could see a restaurant like this doing extremely well on the ground floor of the Tallahassee Center (Gameday Center). Think about it, a building for FSU Boosters to stay at during football seasons with a Buffalo Wing Restaurant on the ground floor. I can imagine the nearby Greek houses eating this place up (no pun intended) during the off-seasons, and of course regular folks as well.

Dear "Florida",

Thank you for taking the time to contact us!

We have not set an exact opening date for our

new Tallahassee location, but we are expecting to

open in June of this summer! Hope that helps, sorry

I cannot give you an exact date at this time!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sally Heintz

Office Assistant

Tijuana Flats Burrito Co.

(407) 339-2222

Fax: (407) 539-0811

[email protected]

I expressed a similar disappointment with this location when I lasted visited sometime around Christmas. I don't think this site is adequate anymore... parking is scarce mainly. Like you I wish they'd relocate within Tallahassee... but instead of a place like Fallschase, I could see a restaurant like this doing extremely well on the ground floor of the Tallahassee Center (Gameday Center). Think about it, a building for FSU Boosters to stay at during football seasons with a Buffalo Wing Restaurant on the ground floor. I can imagine the nearby Greek houses eating this place up (no pun intended) during the off-seasons, and of course regular folks as well.

Dear "Florida",

Thank you for taking the time to contact us!

We have not set an exact opening date for our

new Tallahassee location, but we are expecting to

open in June of this summer! Hope that helps, sorry

I cannot give you an exact date at this time!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sally Heintz

Office Assistant

Tijuana Flats Burrito Co.

(407) 339-2222

Fax: (407) 539-0811

[email protected]

Thanks FL for the heads up. I may have to sneak out one day and give those wings a try.

Speaking of good deals, last Thursday I finally made it to a restaurant I have wanted to try for a long time and that was Gills Tavern on Monroe St. I really enjoyed this place, and the all you can eat Prime Rib is a great deal. Probably a better deal if you can put down more prime rib then I did. After one helping I was stuffed. Anyway, I was very pleased with this resturant and can't wait to go back. My girlfriend had some sort of baked pasta and she is still talking about how good that dish was. Mind you, the helpings here were so large we had great leftovers the next day or 2!

Day after St. Paddy's day....anyone enjoy a great night out? We had our first visit to Shenanigans and I really liked it. A few in the group had the Sheppard

Thanks FL for the heads up. I may have to sneak out one day and give those wings a try.

Speaking of good deals, last Thursday I finally made it to a restaurant I have wanted to try for a long time and that was Gills Tavern on Monroe St. I really enjoyed this place, and the all you can eat Prime Rib is a great deal. Probably a better deal if you can put down more prime rib then I did. After one helping I was stuffed. Anyway, I was very pleased with this restaurant and can't wait to go back. My girlfriend had some sort of baked pasta and she is still talking about how good that dish was. Mind you, the helpings here were so large we had great leftovers the next day or 2!

Day after St. Paddy's day....anyone enjoy a great night out? We had our first visit to Shenanigans and I really liked it. A few in the group had the Sheppard

Gill's Tavern is on my "no go" list b/c of the 2 years it took me calling to get their unlawful signage taken down. Of course what we got isn't a great sign at all, but at least now there's only one. Enjoy guys, but my principals won't let me go there.

I also have not eaten at Osaka since 2001 b/c on a crowded Friday night we were there w/a big group for a b'day party. While we were waiting on one of the grills, there opened up a spot at the bar. I sat down on a stool and was about to order a drink when one of the managers came by and asked me to move (that was the only open stool) b/c he wanted to sit there and do some book work. I was at a loss for words (something that happens rarely in my life) that a worker, especially a manager asked a customer to move so he could do paper-work on a busy Friday night at the bar. I have not been back since.

Now these are my own personal boycotts and I don't expect anyone else to follow them but me. Those are the only two non-food related local personal boycotts I can think of at the moment.

Do any of you have these personal boycotts to restaurants and refuse to go back to them? If so where and why?

Archived