1. 1. what's your fav TX city?

• Dallas
    • Austin
    • Houston
    • San Antonio
    • Corpus
    • El Paso
    • Other

Dallas never really impressed me. If you drive up there from Houston on I-45, you'll pass junkyards, and dumps, and some gritty nieghborhoods, and then boom!, you're in downtown Dallas looking at an alright skyline. Hobos gave me a big problem the last time I was there. But I have to give Dallas props for the DART which is MUCH better then metro's "train" that seems to become invisible every time it gets near an intersection, and more props for the Stars, the only NHL team in Texas, and the American Airlines Arena. Houston's skyline is way better than Dallas's no arguement there, but Dallas never impressed me like San Antonio and the riverwalk did. Idk there must be something I'm missing out on because people seem to love it so much. So yea my hometown's my vote

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas never really impressed me. If you drive up there from Houston on I-45, you'll pass junkyards, and dumps, and some gritty nieghborhoods, and then boom!, you're in downtown Dallas

Oh come on. I like Houston as well but Houston gets the same kind of talk coming from the airport down I-45 towards downtown itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you monsoon! Ya I guess getting banned for that is a little to harsh, but it's just that it can really annoying to hear the same bs all the friggin time. No, not everyone here in Texas is conservative and closed minded. I for one consider myself a very open-minded person and I know there are many of us out here.

I agree. I lived in Beaumont for 12 years. I have good freinds their and a sister inlaw in Houston.

There is so much to like in Texas, like driving to Austin when the bluebells are in bloom.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the biggest texas city, Houston is the king. But my favorite city in Texas is Galveston. I love the old architecture, the beach, the weather, and the density. People seem to think that it is just a brown beach next to projects. Yeah it kinda is....... But it has so much beauty and potential.

some Galveston shots....(mine)

339021756amqKRS_ph.jpg

339021844uWQsMv_ph.jpg

and from the strand

339022053kKBZtH_ph.jpg

For the biggest texas city, Houston is the king. But my favorite city in Texas is Galveston. I love the old architecture, the beach, the weather, and the density. People seem to think that it is just a brown beach next to projects. Yeah it kinda is....... But it has so much beauty and potential.

some Galveston shots....(mine)

339021756amqKRS_ph.jpg

339021844uWQsMv_ph.jpg

and from the strand

339022053kKBZtH_ph.jpg

Houston is King?

Texas is in trouble...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dallas is the only major one I've been to and I like it quite a bit, to boot, so I vote for it. It's pretty clean, cosmopolitan, and not so compressed as many large cities. I hear the State Capital is quite a bit of fun, too. I haven't heard much of anything at all about El Paso or San Antonio, so I'm neutral on those, and I haven't heard too much good on Houston.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this one was very tough for me. My favorite used to be Dallas, but I've since developed an appreciation for Houston and San Antonio. But my all-time favorite Texas city, of the ones I've visited, is Houston. San Antonio would be a close second and then Dallas would be righ behind that. However I must add that I've never visited Austin (yet!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I don' think you can really compare any of these cities. They are each great in their own ways and all have their good qualities and flaws. I HATE the humidity and pollution in Houston, but love the vibrant feeling within the downtown core and in the Galleria/Kirby area... The many skylines throughout the city just make it seem so powerful. As for Dallas, I love Dallas as it is the city where I have grown up and the humidity isn't as bad as Houston, although it still does get very hot. Dallas has a little better terrain (a couple of hills lol) whereas Houston is flat. I also like the lakes around Dallas, which Houston really has only one lake. Austin is simply beautiful, as well as San Antonio. Both are similar in size and growing rapidly. The entire hill country area is just amazing.

All i know is Texas is BAD ASS!!!!

=)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to all of the cities, and yes: Texas is amazing. But my favorite is Houston because it's large, has a large skyline, is relatively close to the beach, and has plenty of greenery. I like all the industry there, I could tour the ship channel area all day and never get bored looking at the endless array of refineries - which I consider to be delightfully complicated works of art and science.

.... :scared:

Anyway, - Houston is cool.

I have been to all of the cities, and yes: Texas is amazing. But my favorite is Houston because it's large, has a large skyline, is relatively close to the beach, and has plenty of greenery. I like all the industry there, I could tour the ship channel area all day and never get bored looking at the endless array of refineries - which I consider to be delightfully complicated works of art and science.

.... :scared:

Anyway, - Houston is cool.

Archived