revised Signature Tower proposal for Nashville

barakat

Lots of information was presented at the meeting, and I fully support this design. Office and hotel are GONE - all residential. As far as I'm concerned, it's a go. I'll reserve a unit, even.

You can see everything we saw here:

http://signaturetowernashville.com/

>>>>>>>

The new architect and design for Signature Tower will be unveiled at Nashville's Civic Design Center at 5:15 on Wednesday (8/17). I have not seen the revised design, but an insider says it is 'beautiful'. I'll try to snap some photos to post later in this thread.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexy, I'm so glad you've made it here. Gang, Lexy's one of the first forumers I got to know. A truly good guy. Welcome, man.

Onyte, the meeting is being held at the Civic Design Center, 138 Butler's Run Building. Visitors are welcome and as their website says, "strongly encouraged." To find the Butler's Run Building, get to Second Ave. and just a few feet down from where Commerce St. hits Second, you'll see a long tunnel that cuts through the buildings to First Avenue. There will be a store on the corner called Agora, a boutique, with a yellow neon sign in the window. The Design Forum is about in the middle, it's all glass so you won't have any trouble knowing where it is. It'll probably be full of people. I'm sure Tony will be there along with the others on his team. I would expect a news camera or two in the mix. I'll be wearing a purple polo, long sleeve shirt, look for a middle aged, balding goofball, and that'll be me. Lexy, poet, and all...hope you can make it. If not...camera will be in hand.

Lexy, I'm so glad you've made it here. Gang, Lexy's one of the first forumers I got to know. A truly good guy. Welcome, man.

Onyte, the meeting is being held at the Civic Design Center, 138 Butler's Run Building. Visitors are welcome and as their website says, "strongly encouraged." To find the Butler's Run Building, get to Second Ave. and just a few feet down from where Commerce St. hits Second, you'll see a long tunnel that cuts through the buildings to First Avenue. There will be a store on the corner called Agora, a boutique, with a yellow neon sign in the window. The Design Forum is about in the middle, it's all glass so you won't have any trouble knowing where it is. It'll probably be full of people. I'm sure Tony will be there along with the others on his team. I would expect a news camera or two in the mix. I'll be wearing a purple polo, long sleeve shirt, look for a middle aged, balding goofball, and that'll be me. Lexy, poet, and all...hope you can make it. If not...camera will be in hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I am concerned, my wife and I are game for the meeting. Butlers Run is fairly easy to find on Second Avenue. Just smell the Chocolate!

This is one of the of the most handsome proposed buildings in the southeast.

My opinion....

This will do wonders for Nashville's skyline. Batman building, you have met your match. This building reminds me of a new take on the Chrysler Building in New York City. I love the top. The building is absolutely gorgeous in a restrained elegance sort of way.

The meeting was very, very informative...even as I sat there looking like a drowned rat.

This all goes public tomorrow, so watch for it in the Tennessean and the City Paper.

The tower is beautiful, the video was stunning. All the graphics, including the 3-D images will be available for view at the Civic Design Center. They'll be there a long time. Go see.

OMG!! That's beautiful... and not too tall looking among the other buildings. Plus, I think it's a stroke of brilliance on Tony G's part. He's eliminated the office part so he can get started ASAP. This seems to be smart in light of the news in your paper this a.m. about demand exceeding supply of apartments/condos downtown. Plus, he doesn't have to wait to see where the convention center will be going. With this building and Palmer's, plus the Icon in the gulch, Nashville will have a very respectable skyline.

Just my opinion, but I always thought that the Bellsouth building would be better as a "second fiddle" to another grander building. These renderings validate my hunch on that.

Finally, by not adding office space, that will help drive up demand in the near future for new product.

Congratulations, Nashvillians. I'll be watching with interest.

I forgot to report on my update with my Vandy real estate buddy.  He said that there are very strong rumors swirling about that Peabody is planning a 45-50 story hotel to house 1000 additional rooms downtown.  As long as we're peddling in rumors here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Peabody is NOT a rumor, but the floor count is. Peabody is wanting to locate around the new Baseball stadium. No plans have been written in stone yet. Everything is hinged onto the possibility of a new Convention Center (which Peabody has said it will build with the hotel).

I don't think the Peabody people have any say in that land. Streuver Bros. hasn't mentioned a hotel there, just an expanded residential/retail plan. $230 million (up from $80m) and 600 residential (up from 225).Remember, Peabody asked for $35 million from the city to place a building on that site. Streuver is only asking to buy the land, way under market value, but to buy the land themselves. I say make Peabody build their own hotel. A few reasonable incentives wouldn't hurt, but they wanted the moon.The earlier rendering by Peabody was just one of many proposals...and they weren't selected. There's no more land to spread out on now, so they'll have to get way up to make it financially feasible.

I'm following Brain's rumor on this one. Next week, at the Library is a public input meeting at the Main Library, noon-ish till two-ish with Streuver Bros. August 25th. I'm sure more light will be shed on this topic there. I'm gonna try to make that one too.

I don't think the Peabody people have any say in that land. Streuver Bros. hasn't mentioned a hotel there, just an expanded residential/retail plan.  $230 million (up from $80m) and 600 residential (up from 225).Remember, Peabody asked for $35 million from the city to place a building on that site. Streuver is only asking to buy the land, way under market value, but to buy the land themselves. I say make Peabody build their own hotel. A few reasonable incentives wouldn't hurt, but they wanted the moon.The earlier rendering by Peabody was just one of many proposals...and they weren't selected. There's no more land to spread out on now, so they'll have to get way up to make it financially feasible.

I'm following Brain's rumor on this one. Next week, at the Library is a public input meeting at the Main Library, noon-ish till two-ish with Streuver Bros. August 25th. I'm sure more light will be shed on this topic there. I'm gonna try to make that one too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, that is right. I forgot about the public meeting at the Library. I will be anxious to see this as well. This is still a project that the city is wanting to "blend" in with the Rolling Mill Hill area and all the other surrounding areas.

Archived