revised Signature Tower proposal for Nashville

barakat

That is one beautiful building the sig tower reminds me of a bigger version of the frost tower in Austin. I HOPE IT GETs built because that design is awesome

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is exactly what it reminds me of. I was trying to think of what building it reminded me of and the only thing I could think of was the RSA Battle House tower in Mobile, AL.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its beautiful. I love the new look and if all goes right I may be the happy new owener of a highrise condo her in the next year or two. I nailed it right on the head last night in a post where I said I think the new look Sig would be leaning more to the residential side. Little did I know it was a understatment.

I agree. The first buiding that came to mind when I saw it was Frost Bank. While they said the were striving for something 'unique', and I believe that was achieved, references to other classic buildings are very apparent.

I hope this sucker is built. Already know which unit I would reserve.

That is one beautiful building the sig tower reminds me of a bigger version of the frost tower in Austin. I HOPE IT GETs built because that design is awesome

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is one beautiful tower. It will be perfect for the Nashville skyline. It adds more height without going overboard and doesn't detract one bit from the great collection of buildings that are already there. I can't wait to see the progress on this thing. Congrats, Nashville!!!

What a freggin masterpiece. I am now officially jealous. Nashville would definately land a lot more votes on the skyline polls with this beuaty. Hope all goes well with The Signature, as I see it as prolific a bldg as say something like the BofA corporate HQ bldg in CLT. It meshes quite well with its sister towers.

AWEWSOME....SIMPLY AWESOME !!!

A2

10.jpg

Maybe I'm just a bit self-conscious b/c I don't have anything to do today, and my wife took the kids shopping. But it seems to me that the Nashville forumers have active lives outside this forum as indicated by the lack of posts here since last night.

Anywhooo... those gaps should fill in pretty quickly with the Suntrust tower and Icon (It should lend a stair-step effect when all are completed)... and of course the new convention center expansion.

Speaking of the cc, I keep getting reminded of things that my friend at VU said about all the upcoming developments. Even without thinking to ask, I heard an earful. He believes the cc expansion is the most important upcoming project of all(including Signature, RHM, the Ballpark, Gulch, CH, B-D lofts, et.al.).

He mentioned that a group led by the CVB and CofC are lobbying for expansion to the block immediately south of GEC. The large footprint would offer frontage on the new Gateway extension and enable incorporating the landport into it. Also, this would bypass/save the historic First Baptist property while tying into the whole mix the GEC (apparently First Baptist also wants an unGodly --sorry-- amount of money). The proposal being developed would have an underground tram (a la Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport) running from the current CC with a pedestrian stop, underground mall at the GEC and then running under the block over to the new addition. This would also allow a second hotel to be built adjacent to/across Gateway from the addition (on the MDHA property at Gateway and 8th) without cannibalizing business at the Renaissance. It would have the (presumed) added benefit of kick-starting the development of Gateway west of 4th. Sounds pretty cool, but very expensive. He did say that the CVB has estimated that the total project would cost in excess of $400 million.

Now one more thing, if this were to happen as stated above, the new hotel wouldn't be any taller than 10-12 stories tall as there are in fact height limits south of Broadway. However, it would add a lot of girth to south d/t over to Lafayette and the gulch. Personally, I'd rather see this sort of structure instead of a tall hotel with a no-mans land surrounding it.

(apparently First Baptist also wants an unGodly --sorry-- amount of money). 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi ATLBrain. Love your city by the way. Came this close to moving there back in the mid 90's. Anyway, I'm a member at First Baptist and actually we don't want ANY money for our property. We truly believe that our ministry is downtown. We have a wonderful program called Next Door (located in the old rescue mission building) which provides temporary housing and job counciling for women newly released from prison. It's not that we want a bunch of money, we really believe our location is priceless. Basically, our property is not for sale. It was kinda funny that before an article in the Tennessean came out about the new cc, the mayor called our pastor to reassure him that the city was not going to try and take our chruch. Hey thanks for your support on Signature. Tony needs all the good feedback he can get. I always wished that we could at least barrow a few of your great scrapers for a little while. Now maybe we'll have a new addition of our own.

First Baptist is such a fixture downtown. The saving of the old tower ranks with one of the most considerate preservation efforts in the city. The old church was so beautiful and with the tower still there, others can see just how magnificent the entire structure was. Forever. I don't think the FB property was a serious proposal, but a think tank item. There's too much empty, workable land nearby. ATL, whether you're talking notes by memory, or mechanically, we appreciate your listening. This sounds pretty exciting.

Archived