Tours take in downtown Flint lofts

Allan

I've been waiting for an article like this for a while, so I was pleasantly surprised to open the paper yesterday to see this rather comprehensive article.

http://www.mlive.com/business/fljournal/in...ll=5&thispage=1

And if you're interested in seeing for yourself, they offer several tour dates. Unfortunately they obviously don't understand that most people work during the day...you'd think they'd offer a couple evening tours....

http://www.mlive.com/business/fljournal/in...6090.xml&coll=5

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going on the 8:30am tour on Tuesday. I wanted to go this week, but I have class on Thursday, and I can't miss the final exam....

It'll be interesting to see the inside of some of the projects. Downtown Flint has made some pretty big strides in the last year or so, starting with the completion of the new streetscape on Saginaw. There's a long way to go, but we've gotten quite a bit accomplished. Heck, they're even working on Genesee Towers...it looks like Kumar is getting his act together finally.

Yeah, they've got the sidewalk around the towers blocked off. They were working when I was downtown Tuesday. I tried to snap a photo while driving, but that didn't work very well.

I also noticed that they were re-boarding the Durant. It looks like maybe they evicted one of the squatters who was living in there...they had a pile of crap stacked up under the canopy in the back.

Archived