Feature: Article On New K2 Urban Corp Homes

Relient J

The Tallahassee Democrat published an article on Sunday that both gave the history of K2 Urbancorp and also talks about the new houses that K2 is building in the neighborhood I lived in for a few months. You can find the article here:

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...te/12388880.htm

I found this really interesting as K2 is my favorite Tallahassee developer.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I followed your link to that article... and I must say I think K2 is among the better developers in town also.

I'm excited about a few things they are working on, namely 417 Park, and the Commercial development on Capital Circle North East, details are pending on that one. But K2 is big on the New Urbanism thing which is cool to me. They seem to understand alot about the changes going on in the world around us and are developing projects to address these changes.

Thumbs UP to K2 Urban!

The project on CCNE was mentioned at the time when Range Rover and Jaguar were planning to do a store here in Tallahassee, wether or not those plans are still underway is unrelated to K2's plans. It just how the Tallahassee Democrat chose to work in K2's project. I can tell you the exact location is almost at the intersection of Mahan and CCNE, if you're familir with the Pure Station, the Pizza Hut, the Rally's, there's a lot right after Rally's where a huge K2 sign is... thats where the project will go. Plans and details are still in the works.

triple post...lol.

Capital cirlce and mahan... that is fantastic. Across form the newly constructed Hummer dealership right? That side of town is doing niceley. Another dealership there would be alot of pavement, where there are alot of trees now... my typical complaint. That would be a great place to live. 2 publixes within 4 miles....lol

I hear ya! I love a publix...

You know with the price of gasoline these days I wonder how that Hummer Dealership is going to do once it opens! Just something to think about.

I'm excited about that side of town also. We've seen quite a movement in that area lately with regard to the New Hospial and the dealerships finding that area... what was it a Proctor Renovation, then University built that Tajmahal, then Kraft, now we see Caddy and Hummer going up with plans for Jag and Range Rover on the way... we're moving up!

• 4 months later...

K2 Urban Adventure

Southwood Home

DSC00100.jpg

So my girlfriend and I were on an adventure with some of the spare time we had this past Sunday. While riding through Southwood we stumbled upon this street where there was this very charming K2 Urban home being built. We only wanted to walk up and look thru the windows, but leaning up against the door my girlfriend discovered the home was unlocked, so we stepped in and looked around. The home had a very charming layout. I'm assuming the master was the only bed room on the ground level and the other bedrooms were on the top. We didn't make it to the top level of the home, as we were uncomfortable being inside, but if its anything like the ground level, its going to be very nice.

One thing about the homes in Southwood, although some may be humble on the exteriors they all seem to have VERY nice interiors.

I think that's one of the charms of Southwood. Many of the homes tend to have a very charming and unassuming look on the outside, while looking totally different from your average cookie-cutter American suburb. It's a beautiful area. I drove through there with my brother and my aunt during my last trip to the TLH.

I think that K2 is one of the best if not THE best builder in the city.

I think the worst large scale developer is Premier. They tend to build boring homes that seem to have the garage as the main feature in the front to the home. I call those homes "garage homes" because it's the first thing you see. It's much better when they turn the entrance to the garage to the side. Didn't Premier develop Piney Z? I'm not a big fan of that community or that new community stuck off Weems Rd...Weems Rd. Plantation? Ugly stuff going on there. Tiny houses, large large garages.

YMMV (your mileage may vary) :D

Really was it Turner? My bad Premier!

I don't dislike the entire Piney Z neighborhood just the first section that straddles the big hill w/no trees around. That section is full of garage homes and vinyl siding. The newer

section (Eagle's Landing?) is much nicer. So the first section was done by Turner?

Archived