Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Downtown: Park Plaza Hotel

I didn't hear about it in the paper... and not much has been said about it on the news, but the Radisson of Tallahassee is no more. It is now Park Plaza Hotel. Park Plaza is a franchise name owned by Carlson Companies, the parent company of Radisson and TGI Friday's .

Im not sure what changes are in store for the Hotel under the new name, I'm just curious why I haven't heard anything about it in the paper. It would be nice if a renovation were in store for the old building. That would bode well in a downtown full of changes.

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

I noticed the sign, but juust figured it was just corporate strategizing. I like the way the short trees make the building appear larger. It nicely set on the road too, gotta love the parking in the rear.

A few improvements I'd like to see with this building... and maybe someone can help me figure out a way to get this into picture form...but I'd like to see the windows changed, more modern, and blue. I'd like to see if they'd consider painting the building another color... maybe an earth tone or something... maybe they can play around with bricks and stones... but I'd be nice to see some noticable changes now that its no longer a Radisson.

From the looks of things... signage is on order and the hotel is under new management... but I wouldn't hold my breath on a renovation any time soon.

Yea I think this hotel needs some renovations too. They need to polish that pole or something it looks all rusty. I like the new name of the hotel Park Plaza makes it sound more classy. It is a very nice inside but they can work on the outside too.

ps. don't ever ever eat the hotel food from Park Plaza. I threw up from eating their food that looks good, but tastes nasty. I get sick just thinking about it. :sick:

There was a crane beside the park plaza today, possible new sign. Too early to know for sure... I bet someone else noticed/ will before i know the truth! Good news for the pla-za

I was downtown yesterday at the Tranist Terminal and I noticed the new signage over at the Park Plaza Hotel... unfortunately.. we didn't get the new paint job I was hoping for, but they did put up nice signs that I'll get images of ASAP.

Here's that picture I promised... taken from a little distance, but I think you can see the signage in there.

DSCF0961.jpg

Park Plaza Hotel as seen from Tennessee Street Near C.K. Steel Plaza

yeah, about the tennessee valley!!! across tennessee we have the strange buildings. has any one noticed that. teh grayhound station doesnt help, but both hotels are unique in shape or ornamenture, and the belle apartments sticks out becuase of its style. Would be interesting to see the next addition to that area...

thats why I would like for our downtown to extend to the other side of Tennessee... currently... the official boundary doesn't.

As a side note... I'd love to see a nice tall building go on the Floridian property on the corner of Tennessee and Monroe where the old Hotel used to be... matter of fact that would be a great spot for a new upscale hotel.

Hummm...like the one we all like so much from tampa.... i cant quite rememmber what it was. But yeah, awsome location. Some vantage points would give you a full view of the building. I insist this happen!!!

Exactly the one... see what happens when other people are around.. i dont know why i couldnt find it. That would really do alot for us. anything shorter then18 stories on that corner will depress me. such a high and visible lot. I hope they realize that.