Downtown: Park Plaza Hotel

Florida

I didn't hear about it in the paper... and not much has been said about it on the news, but the Radisson of Tallahassee is no more. It is now Park Plaza Hotel. Park Plaza is a franchise name owned by Carlson Companies, the parent company of Radisson and TGI Friday's .

Im not sure what changes are in store for the Hotel under the new name, I'm just curious why I haven't heard anything about it in the paper. It would be nice if a renovation were in store for the old building. That would bode well in a downtown full of changes.

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few improvements I'd like to see with this building... and maybe someone can help me figure out a way to get this into picture form...but I'd like to see the windows changed, more modern, and blue. I'd like to see if they'd consider painting the building another color... maybe an earth tone or something... maybe they can play around with bricks and stones... but I'd be nice to see some noticable changes now that its no longer a Radisson.

Yea I think this hotel needs some renovations too. They need to polish that pole or something it looks all rusty. I like the new name of the hotel Park Plaza makes it sound more classy. It is a very nice inside but they can work on the outside too.

ps. don't ever ever eat the hotel food from Park Plaza. I threw up from eating their food that looks good, but tastes nasty. I get sick just thinking about it. :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, about the tennessee valley!!! across tennessee we have the strange buildings. has any one noticed that. teh grayhound station doesnt help, but both hotels are unique in shape or ornamenture, and the belle apartments sticks out becuase of its style. Would be interesting to see the next addition to that area...

thats why I would like for our downtown to extend to the other side of Tennessee... currently... the official boundary doesn't.

As a side note... I'd love to see a nice tall building go on the Floridian property on the corner of Tennessee and Monroe where the old Hotel used to be... matter of fact that would be a great spot for a new upscale hotel.

Archived