Prague

ChunkyMonkey

I wanted to giive this section a little international flavour. Here are a few of my Prague pics from last year. I'll keep my commentaries short to avoid boring everyone.

Prague is one of the few major cities that was not bombed during the World War. Consequently, its historical architecture is said to rival that of Paris. I found Prague to be more intimate and less grandiose than Paris. People were friendly and things were relatively cheap as compared to Western Europe.

Here's a map of the city for reference

prague.gif

Some colorful tacky tourist souvenirs

IMG_2543.JPG

The Vtlava River has a series of locks to allow ships to go through to compensate for the difference in river height.

IMG_2610.JPG

Fred and Ginger building by Gehry... surprisingly it fits in quite well.

IMG_2614.JPG

Prague Castle is actually a series of buildings built atop a hill (Hradcany), foremost of which is St. Vitus Cathedral. Prague Castle also is the seat of the Czech government.

IMG_2586_2.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

Ladebour Gardens are terraced gardens leading down from Prague Castle to the Little Quarter

IMG_2607.JPG

Little Quarter: An awesome neighborhood at the foot of Hradcany

IMG_2719.JPG

STB_2601.JPG

Kampa Island is a canal-filled neighborhood that is like a low key Venice...

IMG_2724.JPG

Charles Bridge: One of the main tourist drag where you can see buskers as well as the usual tourists memorabilia

IMG_2725_2.JPG

IMG_2693_2.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

Old Town

IMG_2494_2.JPG

IMG_2504_2.JPG

IMG_2506_2.JPG

IMG_2523_2.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2542_2.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created