Delta Hotel Site Redevelopment

otownobserver

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EB Development of Boca Raton has bought it (closed 7/28/05), they have been working on the due dilligence of this property for about 6 months previously. Expect another project on the scale of Blue Rose or Aqua (they are not keeping the existing buildings).

No doubt that this look amazing.

But I really hope that Universal doesn't complain about these tall buildings being visible from within their property. There's currently a hotel being proposed on Vineland, across from the Portofino Resort and there have been some issues about sight lines from within Universal.

No doubt that this look amazing.

But I really hope that Universal doesn't complain about these tall buildings being visible from within their property. There's currently a hotel being proposed on Vineland, across from the Portofino Resort and there have been some issues about sight lines from within Universal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forgot about that, you're right. I hope Universal Studios wont try and fight this. They should look at this as more business. I really like this design and in the end it will be up to the City of Orlando if this gets approval not Universal. The current buildings are an eyesore anyway and this area is zoned for this kind of development unlike the area off Vineland where they were trying to gain approval. If the Twin Towers Sheraton gets a facelift and they have that roller coaster in thier hotel lobby and this CityMark gets built this area will definitely be much improved.

Archived