Delta Hotel Site Redevelopment

otownobserver

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we ever been this excited about a stupid demolition ? ;)

not from my end (except for Jaymont). This is so unique that I don't know what to think about the urban implications of this thing. Think of this: Belz/Prime is now remodeling for the next 2 years and $100M later. They did propose an extention over I-4 to connent to that area. I wonder if there is any connection here...

not from my end (except for Jaymont). This is so unique that I don't know what to think about the urban implications of this thing.

One thing I am worried about for this project is the fact that somewhere around 2200 homes are going up around the corner from this site on the old Cypress Creek golf course. It might add to the already condo saturated market in this area. The elementary school on that site is almost finished now.

• 3 weeks later...

I notice also that the old Delta Resort is completely demolished now, and has been so for a few weeks.

Mr. Markey, we are all waiting for you to grace this thread again with any kind of update that you could give us. thank you.

• 1 month later...

Forgive me for being remiss in the timeliness of my response. Once again, it is really gratifying to see so many intelligent folks concerned about urban design and the quality of the built environment on this site.

I am somewhat surprised to have tuned in to this forum and not see renderings of the new CityMark everywhere. Reason being, the PD application to the City of Orlando for CityMark was submitted on July 24, 2006 and is public record. I am somewhat relieved though, the architecture depicted in the site plan approval is not where we will end up. I know you all are fond of critiquing the designs presented. This is as it should be. In the final result for CityMark, each Tower, the Urban Park and Streetscape will be designed by a different signature architect. You can rest assured that I will be finding those firms among the ones pushing the limits of the profession and modern design. The renderings of the architecture in the submittal are place holders to illustrate the plan concept. Building height at this time is limited to 497' by the FAA.

I will make an effort to post some graphics, but I'm on vacation and my wife seems to think it is more important for me to clean the garage than deal with anything remotely like work. She is much smarter than I am. When I do post the new plan, or if you dig it out of the public record first, please note that we have eliminated a great deal of the former scheme's retail space in favor of building a world class urban park of about 8 acres. We have also done a great deal of work that may not show, in order to guaranty that the project is realistically buildable. Unlike many "Developers" we do these kinds of things on the front end before releasing public proclamations and pretty pictures.

As I have stated in previous posts, these kinds of projects take massive amounts of time and money to get started. When you don't hear from me, it does not mean that we are not working diligently on moving this project forward. I will build CityMark. I look forward to your responses. Thank you all.

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

I will build CityMark. I look forward to your responses. Thank you all.

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

Thanks! All great to hear, John, and I look forward to the graphics (both conceptual and actuals). Also, can you tell us anything about EB's project on Livingston St in downtown? .... Have a great vacation! It's good to hear bizillionaires get to clean the garage too. :)

Forgive me for being remiss in the timeliness of my response. Once again, it is really gratifying to see so many intelligent folks concerned about urban design and the quality of the built environment on this site.

I am somewhat surprised to have tuned in to this forum and not see renderings of the new CityMark everywhere. Reason being, the PD application to the City of Orlando for CityMark was submitted on July 24, 2006 and is public record. I am somewhat relieved though, the architecture depicted in the site plan approval is not where we will end up. I know you all are fond of critiquing the designs presented. This is as it should be. In the final result for CityMark, each Tower, the Urban Park and Streetscape will be designed by a different signature architect. You can rest assured that I will be finding those firms among the ones pushing the limits of the profession and modern design. The renderings of the architecture in the submittal are place holders to illustrate the plan concept. Building height at this time is limited to 497' by the FAA.

I will make an effort to post some graphics, but I'm on vacation and my wife seems to think it is more important for me to clean the garage than deal with anything remotely like work. She is much smarter than I am. When I do post the new plan, or if you dig it out of the public record first, please note that we have eliminated a great deal of the former scheme's retail space in favor of building a world class urban park of about 8 acres. We have also done a great deal of work that may not show, in order to guaranty that the project is realistically buildable. Unlike many "Developers" we do these kinds of things on the front end before releasing public proclamations and pretty pictures.

As I have stated in previous posts, these kinds of projects take massive amounts of time and money to get started. When you don't hear from me, it does not mean that we are not working diligently on moving this project forward. I will build CityMark. I look forward to your responses. Thank you all.

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

Not that height is important but the FAA really seems to want to limit height in Orlando.. There is no reason at all to have a height limit in this area.

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

Thank you very much for the update! I'm sure I speak on behalf of us all in that we look forward to seeing CityMark plans and the finished products in the days ahead.

It is similarly gratifying on our end to have someone such as yourself who is intimately involved in the planning and development of such a project acknowledge our community and participate in this forum. Your posts are always appreciated! :thumbsup:

John K. Markey

Chief Operating Officer

EB Developers, Inc.

It is individuals like this that freely talk to us and care about this site that makes visiting it and being a part of it so worth it

Thanks for this great update

im beginning to think that the FAA will have a height limit for orlando even if orlando executive airport got plowed.

Makes you even wonder if there is anything called the FAA. I think it is a government conspiracy to keep American buildings low to the ground so that we don't live in the clouds. :silly:

• 1 month later...

Mr. Markey had mentioned that the PD application to the City of Orlando for CityMark was submitted on July 24, 2006 and is public record, and that there is some newer rendering that he was surprised was not circulating on UP. Does anyone know anything about this?

All I know is that it will be discussed by the MPB on October 17th. Maybe he submitted it in July and they didn't get a chance to go over it until next month's MPB?

• 2 weeks later...

They redid the I-Ride trolley stops and they have a new one right smack in front of the Citymark site. A good sign?

Considering this hasn't even broken ground, I would think it is premature. Tourists probably won't want to go by a large construction site and have a Kodak moment.

Archived