Major Developments

Florida

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^no really we don't. There is this cool website http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=8951 that gives info about different cites. If you look at to see what kinds of major coffee places we got you see we only got a starbucks. If you compare us with Orlando or Tampa you see these other major coffee places. I just want Tallahassee to bring more to the table recieve more at the table, but I can't complain the city is working to make that come true.

Well like I said the city is working to make that come true. 1 year ago all we had was starbucks and some other coffee houses some that TaureanJ mentioned, but as some of you may know we are getting a Panera bread, Bad Ass Coffee( name becoming controversial around here) and who knows how many more after Gaines street gets done! But that's enough on me and coffee. I am just happy we are getting all these developments.

I think those people need to recognize that the word "ass" even in a negative light is not sucha bad word... As an artist you would be right to assume that i am against nearly all censorship. And ultimatly, it is capitalist ventures that break up the common acceptance of the social change. I think they should leave that little bad ass coffee shop alone and work on getting JOBS into tally!!!!

tallahassee's image? I disagree, but maybe solely because the tallahassee's we see are different. The tally town i love would support the buisiness's risky name with the same progressive attitude that is responsible for waking up our sleepy southern town. Really though, of all the words in the world, why would a word for our butts, or a mule, really be offensive. are we that conservative still... it is 2005/6 isnt it? We cant expect ideals like these to last. I mean, it took us untill the mid 80's before men could talk about PMS...

Welcome to the 21st century! I really don't see what's all the fuss over the name. I am just glad that they choose Tallahassee as their place on business. All the little kids know what an ass is. It's just a word that's incorparted into today's society. This ain't 1950 where the twist was the booty shake back then. Times has really changed but that's a different story.

No one said the word perfect.... but could you imagine a place called "Bad Ass Coffee" right across the street from our Historic District on Park Avenue? Not that it would be there, but there's just a certain environment a name like that would be out of place in. Thats all I'm saying.

But look at us, we have Condomology (Parking In Rear)... so I guess whatever floats the boat, this kind of thing isn't new to Tallahassee.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was groundbreaking for the new Tallahassee Dodge Chrystler Jeep. This new facility will sit on 11 acres at 3987 W. Tennessee st. Touted as a 5 million dollar project, this facility will include a new showroom, and office space. It will be 50,000 square feet bringing that to the size of a Publix grocery store! For more info visit this link Dealership keeps a promise. I wish I had a rendering to show you guys. It looks like it is going to be a nice building. Here is a map to get an idea where it will be located.

162774230558.gif

I'm actually very excited about the changes going down on "Car Strip". Here we have a new building for Tallahassee DCJ, and then there's the new Mazda Store thats going to be built on Capital Circle, as well as the New Toyota Store across the street from its current location with hopes to bring Lexus to town very soon.

Not to mention, the "major redevelopment" we've heard quite a bit about going down at the south west corner of Capital Circle and Tennessee Street. From what I'm told, most of the available parcels for that development are already spoken for, and the shovels should be going down in the near future.

West side needs some serious play. Honestly, it needs to be overhauled. It is blight from Monroe to Capital Circle, with relief at Ocala and Woodward. The area needs to find its identity, or identities (if FSU wants to do its thing, TCC wants to do its thing, Car dealers want to do their thing) it needs to find some theme and run with it. Matter of fact it would be kinda neat to see Flag poles on along the road with the Checkerd Flags along the Car Strip, and Blue and Yellow along the TCC strip, and Garnet and Gold along the FSU strip. Same thing for FAMU along Adams and Orange and Gaines.

West side needs some serious play. Honestly, it needs to be overhauled. It is blight from Monroe to Capital Circle, with relief at Ocala and Woodward. The area needs to find its identity, or identities (if FSU wants to do its thing, TCC wants to do its thing, Car dealers want to do their thing) it needs to find some theme and run with it. Matter of fact it would be kinda neat to see Flag poles on along the road with the Checkerd Flags along the Car Strip, and Blue and Yellow along the TCC strip, and Garnet and Gold along the FSU strip. Same thing for FAMU along Adams and Orange and Gaines.

Nope, cool idea would never happen,,, It would be deemed to tacky!!! the color coded flags near the universites would be neat, but i dont think the city would go for it, at all.

^Thanks for not shooting down my idea CMurphy... I knew I could count on you ol buddy!

Yo... something fun! Zaxbys says it will open Oct 10 at its new Tennessee Street location where Miami Subs used to be. I'm excited. I'll be able to ride my bike over for some good chicken. I love Zaxbys. I just hope they don't hire a staff of jerks.

^Thanks for not shooting down my idea CMurphy... I knew I could count on you ol buddy!

Yo... something fun! Zaxbys says it will open Oct 10 at its new Tennessee Street location where Miami Subs used to be. I'm excited. I'll be able to ride my bike over for some good chicken. I love Zaxbys. I just hope they don't hire a staff of jerks.

and the one near my place (Old Miami Subs on N. Monroe) should be open in about 6 weeks.

Archived