Major Developments

Florida

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spyed something... not sure if anyone cares to see another one of these. And I'd love to tell you where its going to be but I was only able to catch a glimpse of it at a sales office on FSU campus. Here's a rendering I snapped from the door of the sales office.

DSCF2081.jpg

Look for that website to be up soon.

Stadium Condos on the Horizon

About 50 condo units are planned for the east side of Hayden Road (where I live!), just south of West Pensacola Street. The complex, Sterling Traditions Condos, will be considered by planning officials this week.

This 5 story project will be geared toward high-end buyers and face Doak Campbell Stadium. It will have parking underneath but no retail level.

Because the project is still in the early stages, pricing is still being worked out.

Would someone tell me why property zoned UT (University Transition) in area IV, the South West Quadrant of Tallahassee where the college students live, would be developed for high end buyers? Finally something that sounds attractive and I still can't afford it. Thats ok... I'd rather live downtown anyway.

Stadium Condos on the Horizon

About 50 condo units are planned for the east side of Hayden Road (where I live!), just south of West Pensacola Street. The complex, Sterling Traditions Condos, will be considered by planning officials this week.

This 5 story project will be geared toward high-end buyers and face Doak Campbell Stadium. It will have parking underneath but no retail level.

Because the project is still in the early stages, pricing is still being worked out.

Would someone tell me why property zoned UT (University Transition) in area IV, the South West Quadrant of Tallahassee where the college students live, would be developed for high end buyers? Finally something that sounds attractive and I still can't afford it. Thats ok... I'd rather live downtown anyway.

I think they are trying to build for the Alumni and those students which rich parents (there seems to be alot of them). Buy the condo and rent it out after the kid graduates.

I think they are trying to build for the Alumni and those students which rich parents (there seems to be alot of them). Buy the condo and rent it out after the kid graduates.

add 45 stories, and i would like it, the 50 story university tower.

come to think of it, I really like Denver's Downtown... its very walkable..... it has a few high rises but its not very dense...... it has condo and aprtment towers on the outskirts and then low rise, medium rise then skyscrapers...... its suite.

I'm not sure I'd go for a 50 Story tower so far away from downtown. Wouldn't it be great to have one downtown, but not that far away.

In reality I don't think 50 isn't necessary around here. Tallahassee has a knack for taking a moderate amount of something and making it seem grand. I think the same effect can be accomplished with a 30-35 story building that will shift the center of the downtown away from the capitol.

Ideal location? The property between the Civic Center and the Education building. The height would be compatible with that already in play at both the capitol and education buildings however more importantly from both a north-south and east-west view it will compliment our skyline well without appearing to GROSSLY tower over everything else in town. We do need a building taller than the Capitol as I see nothing so special about it worth preserving it as our city's tallest building.

You're right. The land here on my street (Hayden) is quite scarce. There is already dense population over here already with everyone living right on top of one another in these apartments. And while traffic isn't all that bad, access to the roads is. Like Cmurphy said, its a dead end.

I won't say I'm against them building on the property, but I hope a plan is in place to handle the increased traffic. I'm still a bit unsettled about an older group of people moving into a settled College Area. I don't want complaints to start about incompatible lifestyles.

10 west.... wowzer. I think these sprawling 3 story apartment projects are so 2000 A.D. Spend a little extra today, worth a whole lot tomorrow. Imagine a highrise apartment with a view... can u think of anything easier to sell to college kids!! how awsome a way to remember a beatuiful college in a trying to stay beautiful town.

Preach it brotha. Everytime I see one of these type of developments I can't help but think of how far behind the times people are. Building a community of homes... yes.... building a community of apartments for college students who will drive on the already congested roads to a school with no parking... no.

Wake up old fashioned developers, density belongs in a city's core! Its not rocket science.

Archived