Major Developments

Florida

Speaking of Walgreens:

Walgreen's Magnolia & Apalachee Parkway (TSP080059) (11-31-20-466-0000) located on 1.71-acre at 414 South Magnolia Drive. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing restaurant and the construction of a 14,550 square foot Walgreen's. The applicant is also requesting (2) deviations to the development standards in order to 1) reduce the parking setbacks to 10' along the front and 8' on the side and rear and 2) to request an 8.08% increase in impervious surface above the 75% threshold. The property is zoned AC (Activity Center). This item is continued from the 08/21/08 meeting.

This IS the location of the current Barnhill's. Is Barnhill's still in business? It was the last time I noticed. Also I've noticed that the Walgreen's sign at their current Parkway store is gone? I was at New Leaf the other day but failed to drive down as far as Walgreens. Are they still in operation in this shopping center? Are they just getting a new sign or what?

So if we have a new stand alone Walgreen's at the Parkway/Magnolia and another one at Micco/Magnolia, do we really need one at the prominent corner of Tenn/Monroe? If it's part of a large building sure! But if it's a stand alone, IMHO that's definitely not the highest and best use for this parcel. Besides "under law" won't the gas station across the street have to be sold to CVS? :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of Walgreens:

Walgreen's Magnolia & Apalachee Parkway (TSP080059) (11-31-20-466-0000) located on 1.71-acre at 414 South Magnolia Drive. The proposed project is the demolition of the existing restaurant and the construction of a 14,550 square foot Walgreen's. The applicant is also requesting (2) deviations to the development standards in order to 1) reduce the parking setbacks to 10' along the front and 8' on the side and rear and 2) to request an 8.08% increase in impervious surface above the 75% threshold. The property is zoned AC (Activity Center). This item is continued from the 08/21/08 meeting.

This IS the location of the current Barnhill's. Is Barnhill's still in business? It was the last time I noticed. Also I've noticed that the Walgreen's sign at their current Parkway store is gone? I was at New Leaf the other day but failed to drive down as far as Walgreens. Are they still in operation in this shopping center? Are they just getting a new sign or what?

So if we have a new stand alone Walgreen's at the Parkway/Magnolia and another one at Micco/Magnolia, do we really need one at the prominent corner of Tenn/Monroe? If it's part of a large building sure! But if it's a stand alone, IMHO that's definitely not the highest and best use for this parcel. Besides "under law" won't the gas station across the street have to be sold to CVS? :)

The KFC on Thomasville Road is going to become an Envision Credit Union Branch.

https://www.envisioncu.com/locations.cfm#NewLocation

They already have a temporary sign up.

This is very cool because I hated driving all the way to the Walmart on Thomasville Road to do my banking. So when the Publix gets moved into the old Albertson's I can do my banking and grocery shopping in one spot. Yeah!!! Great move Envision.

:yahoo:

This is very cool because I hated driving all the way to the Walmart on Thomasville Road to do my banking. So when the Publix gets moved into the old Albertson's I can do my banking and grocery shopping in one spot. Yeah!!! Great move Envision.

• 1 month later...

Archived