Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BosTech

Interesting picture

16 posts in this topic

Man, I had forgotten how beautiful that building was. I believe it was Lakelander who suggested that it could have been incorporated into the new library.

BTW, look at the Carling in that pic!

lets demolish that building and save the old library...brilliant. is there a "make jacksonville ugly" campaign i dont know about?

Hey, I liked that building. It was dark and moody at times almost taking a gothic look.

I'm probably late with this, but is there supposed to be a poject going up in that spot, or was it demolished because it was void of business?

CSP: That is the site of the new library. That was the old Rhodes Bldg, which I also think should have been saved. It was infinitely more attractive than the Haydon Burns Library ever thought of being. Delaney had Rhodes torn down though. :(

Yeah, they've attached some of the building's details, as art work, on the horrible northern side wall.

^THAT'S WHAT THAT IS?! I had no idea. I'm always puzzled when I look at that facade.... Now I know....

^THAT'S WHAT THAT IS?!  I had no idea.  I'm always puzzled when I look at that facade....  Now I know....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW! I ddn't know that either!!!!!! Personally, I think it's horrible. It liiks like they took a few pieces of concrete, put some elmer's glue on it, and threw it against the wall!!!

I agree. That north wall looks like crap. They would have been far better off leaving it off the exterior and including a tasteful display inside of what had been at that site previously.

And, speaking of crap, why did they use those awful bricks on the exterior? How about some more attractive bricks? Those look like they were the cheapest ones available.

Keyword: Cheap.

Perhaps they were used on "Judge Fatass'" recommendation....

Another interesting pic.

resizeofimag00178qk.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow; the Carling looks nice all lit up; did they just happen to have all the dwellings lit up that night on purpose, or did that many people move into the Carling and all those lights are basically lit up like this every night?

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

Old vs New.

metimplosionrhodes22sc.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't seem to bother BOA Building very much losing its older, deteriorated Brother did it?!

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER