50 cleanest cities in america

Hendrik

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a list of the 50 biggest metro areas, ordered by cleanliness. So Atlanta's actually one of the 10-15 worst of the 50 biggest metros. Va Beach is somewhere in the middle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I figured that out after looking at the list for a second time.

I don't think that data is entirely trustworthy. I live in Pittsburgh and the air here is clean. Recent air quality measurements taken by the government were taken close to a couple of factories that are abnormally high polluters for this region. Thus making it seem like the air quality here is lower than it truly is.

As for the water... Why hold the Bassmaster Classic in a place with dirty water? It was held here this year, and was a big success.

In other words, I take this list with a grain of salt! :)

The measurements were the same in all cities.. so whether or not you trust the answers.. you can still conclude that Chicago is dirtier than Portland.

They didn't go around and fudge the numbers for certain cities.

Minneapolis, for example, has very clean water and air... but its score is much lower than that of Portland with 30.

The measurements were the same in all cities.. so whether or not you trust the answers.. you can still conclude that Chicago is dirtier than Portland.

Minneapolis, for example, has very clean water and air... but its score is much lower than that of Portland with 30.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I meant is, if they were going by government ratings of air quality, Pittsburgh's score may have been lower than it truthfully should be, because the government took its readings near some of the worst factories in the area.

I am generally very uncomfortable with any kind of ranking of cities like this, and as a habit I do not trust them very much.

Archived